2nd gear grind wtf??

SMACKABEEZY

F0E D0E M0 H0ES
OK so lately my 2nd gear been grinding occasionally this is pissing me off guys, it grinds on normal driving by the way.

SMACKABEEZY

F0E D0E M0 H0ES
yes 1st to 2nd its grinds, what is the cause of this even my old DA had the same problem does my drving fuhhhk up my syncros?. is there a solution for this? will tranny oil change with synchro mesh fix this?

Last edited:

EK211187

might have to rebuild transmission nd replace syncros

SMACKABEEZY

F0E D0E M0 H0ES
how much money to spend on this fix? i heard its costly i never worked on a tranny before, GM SYNCROMESH or what?

Last edited:

Prozon

Kris
You can get the synchros for $300 or less. I bought a kit from eBay that came with synchros, bearings and seals. With the help of a factory service manual it was no problem.

You could buy carbon fiber synchros for $300+
Or you could buy the eBay kit for less then $300.
-OR-
You could buy a junkyard transmission and risk the same issue.

And before anybody says anything about an eBay rebuild kit- it's a hell of a lot better then grinding isn't it?

SMACKABEEZY

F0E D0E M0 H0ES
You can get the synchros for $300 or less. I bought a kit from eBay that came with synchros, bearings and seals. With the help of a factory service manual it was no problem.

You could buy carbon fiber synchros for $300+
Or you could buy the eBay kit for less then $300.
-OR-
You could buy a junkyard transmission and risk the same issue.

And before anybody says anything about an eBay rebuild kit- it's a hell of a lot better then grinding isn't it?
ive looked up on the search function and i heard syncromesh does miracles, should i try it? this grind is stressing me out im thinkin about getting rid of my teg now.

Last edited: