<3 G3GirL's Bucket Progress Thread! lol <3

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
roomy garage u got there :thumbup:

u need to knock it off with these cheesy camera phone pics. bo0o0o.

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
Update!

UPDATE

BAR finally got back to me and did their investigation and all that. i got some money back, but still am not completely happy with the outcome. BAR guy suggested i take the shop to court because he really thinks i'd win, but i don't think i will do all that. the shop and all the workers did get violations, fines, and have to go through re-education courses, though. the bureau pulled up their paperwork and found a bunch of things they weren't doing right, so i'm happy with that. i just didn't want to feel like i've been "had" i guess.

the owner is STILL lying about stuff. isn't that some shit? he told the bureau that they painted my car twice (totally not true), which ended up coming back and kicking them in the ass because they didn't have any documentation for this second paint job they claimed they did. blah, blah, blah. he really went to town on the lies. also, since one of the invoices for my car didn't have the EXACT things WRITTEN on it, i can't do much about those things. in hindsight, i should have taken pictures of the original walk-through i did with the owner, but i didn't because he seemed really easy to work with at the beginning. that goes to show that you shouldn't trust people just based on your instincts.

hm...what else am i forgetting to add? there really were a lot of problems that came up with the investigation the bureau did. it took a while and we went back and forth with negotiations for quite some time.

they offered to fix the work and respray, but i declined. they won't pay for another shop to do it, though. then after a few times of going back and forth, they revoked the offer. fine with me, because there's no way i would trust them with my car again anyway. they've basically told the BAR guy that they aren't going to honor my warranty because both parties would be "uncomfortable" with it. my paint is still covered under warranty, though. if i REALLY wanted to be an asshole, i could bring that to court along with the rest of the crap they've been dealing me. i won't, though. i'm taking the money and experience and will clean the car up myself. it's not perfect by any means, but i'm not going to let anyone mess with it anymore. apparently if you want anything done right, you have to do it yourself.

/update!

^spends half its life being towed around. lol bucket ftl!

Last edited:

esco115

Fawk a Title!
LoL @ u calling it a bucket... but once again u live and u learn! best of luck with the outcome tho!

Keep ur head up!

G3GirL

why come, crabs?

i had no choice. it pooped out on me on the freeway lol =(

G3GirL

i want to say it was a little under $3k, not including material for me prepping it and cleaning up the body. it was cheaper than normal since i added their warranty and an additional package on top of that.

esco115

Fawk a Title!
damn not only did u not get what u paid for but the shit dont run? damn u got some luck there... lol

G3GirL

lol! the distributor just went out on me on the road. it runs now. haha it's just not being used until it gets a little love.

94dc4

My name matches again lol
you make me not want to get my car painted.
Me neither. Sucks cuz I got some mild front end damage that'll require a new fender and hood, and I got random scratches and missing paint in different spots on the trunk and both bumpers. Paint is otherwise mint for being almost 20 years old.

I miss my DC4 :( It looks almost like yours except without the fat 5s and lip. The bumpers and spoiler were faded and the hood was a flaking mess. The previous owner spraypainted it, lol. When I first got it, there were huge areas of paint missing and bare metal showing. Just went over it with white touch up paint from Wal-Mart that ended up being a lighter shade of Taffeta white, lol no one even noticed since the rest of the car was so mint. I definitely did though, and always wanted a new hood. Thought I was gonna get one after the accident. Oh well.

Glad to hear you got somewhat of a settlement.

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
why come, crabs?

i had no choice. it pooped out on me on the freeway lol =(
boost + 140k old oem clutch + 1yr beating the hell out of it = bad

have not had the time to tear it all apart. everything is sitting under my bed for the last few months. actually i just put all my parts in the car so i can get the ball rolling on getting it over to my friends garage. still may take a few weeks yet though