3rd brake light only works sometimes!

xaisomboun

So I was on my way to the bowling alley and a cop pulls me over and tells me that the 3rd brake light on my spoiler is out!

Being the innocent guy that I am, I told him that i didn't know it was out and he just let me off with a heads up about it...

So I go home and ask a friend to step on the brakes for me and the light WORKED!
Shocked, I was puzzled as to why he would pull me over, unless he was just harassing me lol.

Then later at the bowling alley my friend who was following me told me "Yeah your light was out the whole time i was behind you but your normal ones worked so i didnt think it would be a problem."

>_>

So my guess is after a couple of bumps, the wiring got loose on the light making it activate and deactivate..

My question is, on a scale of like 1-10, 10 being the hardest, how hard would it be to go into the spoiler and fix/replace the bulb/wiring?

Damado93

its very easy, but i have no spoiler anymore because when i tried to take off the spoiler, the bolts were so rusty that they just broke off ]:

What i did was took off the whole brake light and inserted it inside the car(where there is a plastic piece you can take off) and ghetto taped it. but after a while it would fall.

all you have to do is take off the 3 pieces on the top of the inside of the trunk. take the 2 on the sides off first, then take the middle (biggest) part off, then follow the wire on the right side.

BeatBox

Real Good!
its very easy, but i have no spoiler anymore because when i tried to take off the spoiler, the bolts were so rusty that they just broke off ]:
yeah the bolts to mine broke off too FML
not sure if the light in the spoiler still works, but usually if its turns on and off just go under the hatch and check the wiring might be loose, should be too hard like ^ ^ ^ said

Godlike

On my 87' Teg I lost the wiper then the defrost then the 3rd brake light. Thats when it dawned on me to check the wiring where the hatch hinges and it enters the car. The wires had cracked and broken right where it hinges so I pulled a harnes from the yard and luckly there is a plug right at the hole that enters the roof (on 1st gens anyway). something to look for...

xaisomboun

alright thanks guys!

time to get on this, even though its balls cold up here in MN lol

also!! another question!

do 94 integra ls's have that third brake light in the rear windshield as well as the one on the spoiler?

cause im lookin at mine and it has that little section where it LOOKS like it should have a third brake light in it.. but i have one on my spoiler so i didnt think it would matter that much