3rd Gen HOW-TO wire up your system

nautica_t

that's correct, power cables are any typical cables..just like the ground cables, only rca's can play a role, but if you're not making a competetion system, than chances are you won't need those hardcore twisted pair rca's with grounds on them.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
guys, i appologise in advance for sounding like a complete noob...but my mounting bracket...the bottom of it keeps falling out and occasionally the entire thing will just slide out completely (lilke when i burn out or launch) I have the best buy "turbo kit" for it and the bottom two clips dont seem to catch where they should...anyone have any ideas?

patrick4588

Integra God
guys, i appologise in advance for sounding like a complete noob...but my mounting bracket...the bottom of it keeps falling out and occasionally the entire thing will just slide out completely (lilke when i burn out or launch) I have the best buy "turbo kit" for it and the bottom two clips dont seem to catch where they should...anyone have any ideas?
you talking about your dash kit? if it comes out, you did something wrong, or its a cheap kit. i can snatch the gears and mine doesnt come out. i used metra dash kit 99-7898, although 99-7892 is my favorite.

98_gsr

i used pipe strap to hold mine in to that brace behind the dash where the stock radio mounts to....no problems here and it makes it harder to steal

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
My Metra kit used to be loose and slip out occasionally, because the previous owner did a radio install and broke some areas of the dash trying to take it apart, and I couldn't mount the kit properly and securley. So I use a stereo strap to hold it in. Also makes it harder to steal, like 98_GSR said.

mkornely89

What is stereo strap/pipe strap? do you have a link to it?

I bought the dash kit at best buy, it used to pop out all the time. I finally got tired of it and just let it rest at an upward angle. I know exactly what you are saying samuri blue, the bottom brackets didnt do anything for me either, they didnt serve their purpose whatsoever.
when I got my system installed The place I took it to used a different dash kit and it is so firm in there.
the dash kits best buy uses are for all Honda and Integra applications, but not every car is the same.
The same dash kit is in my girlfriends Civic and it looks crappy in there too.
I think they make dash kits specifically for the integra, because the one in my car now is a million times better than the one I had before from best buy.

mirrorimg

The strap that was mentioned is just a metal strap, that has holes that runs along the length of it. You cut it to length, bolt it to the back of the cd player and run it down the dash. You then find a nice spot to bolt the bottom of the strap into place.

Last edited:

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
cute stereo setup there speedin. but hey where could i get ahold of some of those bars you have back there.

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
im cutting holes in my trunk divider for some 6x9s. so ill have 4 6.5s 2 6x9,s and 2 12' subs. all alpine type r's pushing close to 2500 watts.

Integra617

Chirp from 1st to 3rd!
im cutting holes in my trunk divider for some 6x9s. so ill have 4 6.5s 2 6x9,s and 2 12' subs. all alpine type r's pushing close to 2500 watts.
Jesus. . Are you trying to shatter your windows??. . Lol nah jk I have a kenwood 12" with a kenwood 350W amp and its perfect. Not too loud!

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
well i had a big ass car before this so i needed the huge subs then i bought the teg and you know how that goes but im just gonna work with it. haha. i may not be slammin but sure as hell am bangin.

VizionTeggy

watch out for the 2 metal bars that run the length of the divider. they can make for shotty 6X9 holes.