3rd gen Project Car (help noob pls)

jaspo

Hello people of the Integra forums

Where to start, oh yes. Sooo to start the story I'm more of a Nissan guy, my little 200sx (GA16DE powered) recently blew up. I was gonna SR swap it, buuut I didn't wanna f*** with it anymore(body was an entire project of its own at that point). So i thought buy an S14, and whilst looking on craigslist I found a 1996 DB7 4 door Integra. I thought "f*** it, my friends all have massive Honda hard ons, why not make them jelly af, time for a change anyways." I picked it up FOR 250 bucks, unfortunately it doesn't run, has a non-VTEC b18b1 and is an auto(fuuuck that). I plan on making this my long term project car so engine swap, 5 speed etc.

The reason I started this thread is basically to ask for help, with well everything. I plan on taking the engine out in march or late this month, I guess I should start by asking what hick ups, and bulls*** quirks I'm gonna run into doing that?

Yes lets start there.

As far as what I'd like to do so far its:

b18c1 with a GSR trans and a few bolt ons

*Edelbrock Victor X intake mani
*Ebay cold air intake
*Ebay catback exhaust
*Flowmaster high flow cat (I have that already)

As far as schedule goes, I'd like to finish the car or at least be driving it in August or September.

Any help is appreciated, thanks. :D

Noneed2Hate

Got any pictures so we can see what you are working with?

Your best bet would be to buy another Integra as a Donor car and then go from there.

SoundEfx

I don't get it.
Are you asking what issues you're going to run into while taking out the engine or are you asking what issues can you run into when performing the swap?

Teggy64

Got vtec?
Don't buy an eBay exhaust. They sound like ass and rust real quick. Spend a little $ and buy a reputable brand like apexi or greddy

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Greddy/Trust dont have anything nice anymore IMO. Apexi for quet exhaust, Hytech, Spoon, Mugen or Skunk for loud.

R13

The other asshole
I like my evo2, but many other people who've bought them seem not to so I won't really recommend it.

Come to think of it I don't even know if you can buy it anymore...

I would like to have an apexi ws2 just to try though.

Ryan659

I like my evo2, but many other people who've bought them seem not to so I won't really recommend it.

The ws2 is nice for a dd. But for a project/weekend car the spoon one is ideal. Not annoyingly loud unless you want it to be and none of the rice high pitched shit in the upper rpm.

jaspo

I don't get it.
Are you asking what issues you're going to run into while taking out the engine or are you asking what issues can you run into when performing the swap?
What i meant was, what issues am I going to run into taking the motor out? Am I going to need anything besides normal run of the mill tools? etc

jaspo

Got any pictures so we can see what you are working with?

Your best bet would be to buy another Integra as a Donor car and then go from there.

Here is a pic of the car, I'll post a few more tomorrow when I have time. Its well, what you get for 250. Both of the rear doors are pretty bad, so I'm going to replace those. As for the rest of the car's aesthetics I know some people who can help me out. Also a donor car isn't a bad idea, I'll have to see when i have some real money to play with this summer.

Noneed2Hate

I like my evo2 also :) it's pretty friggin sweet

R13

The other asshole
I like my evo2 also :) it's pretty friggin sweet

Mine has the GReddy 4-2-1 header and no resonator, I'd probably like it more if I had a small resonator, just something to take the raspiness out of the vtec crossover.

Over all it's a cool muffler imo, it's really low pitch in the lower rpms.

Only 2 other 90s Honda owners have ridden in it and they loved the low pitch grunt it makes when you short shift it in traffic or around town areas with low speed limits.

phatintegra

Banned
Went thru Skunk2 N1 and Evo2. Both exhaust are very loud and uses stainless on the outside and cheap thin material on the inside. There claiming it's a full stainless steel. Overtime it will break apart inside the exhaust due to its material. Now I went with a full custom exhaust with less piping due to a long resonator with a spun cat and JDM ITR header. I wanted it supper quite till I have wide open throttle then the exhaust get louder.

As swapping motors. MAKE SURE you have the wires and timing correct. Take your time and triple check everything. It's always the small little detail that can get you very frustrated with what the hell.

Last edited:

jaspo

Here are the other pics i promised, its raining so some flaws are hidden.

Also as far as the exhaust goes, I know there are great and much better solutions. My plan however, is to get the Ebay exhaust because the stock exhaust is in very poor condition, and Ebay is cheap. When I get said Ebay exhaust I'm gonna take the filthy auto-zone route, cut the fart can that comes with it off, give it to one of my friends, and put a thrush welded muffler on it. So it wont be straight pipe loud, but loud enough. The reason being is, I'm trying to have a grand leftover once everything that is vital is done, so I can get the head worked. I don't mind a cheap "eh" sounding exhaust, I've been much more rice in the past; it will sound good to me either way.