4 pt harness

B18TEG

BLACK DA
Hey guys, I've been gone for a while but I just started back up I had a kid and between school and everything else I've had no time to play with the teg.

Well I ordered some NRG 4pt harnesses and needed advise on installing them. This is on a DA so I'm not sure if even the lap belts will be easy. If you know what hardware is necessary, have done an install before and have some advice, or anything in general please respond. I need to finish this project this weekend so I can get the car tuned next week. Thanks a bunch.

B18TEG

BLACK DA
they are fine quality i got the ones with the cam locks. anyone know about installation?

B18TEG

BLACK DA
I need installation help to make sure I do it right. Anyone? or somewhere to go to see how its done?
And by the way I have a harness bar as well if that helps any.

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
There are 2 ways that you could go about installing these harnesses. One is "potentially" unsafe, but alot of people install it this way anyways.

1) The "potentially unsafe" way....Undo the bolts the hold your OEM seatbelt to the floor and the OEM seatbelt buckle. Tuck the seatbelt buckle underneath the seat or remove it. Bolt the lap belt portion of the harnesses into the respective sides. Then, remove your rear seats and their seatbelts. Bolt the rear points of the harnesses into the 2 spots under the seats that the OEM bolts were in (one is under the seat, the other is more underneath the panel which houses the speakers). To make a "cleaner" install, the harnesses can slip through the slices cut out of the seats and you can hide the bolts because the seat will be over top of them.

2) The CORRECT way to do this...Purchase a B-Pillar bar. Reason for this, is if you: roll your car, get into an accident, etc you will not risk spinal cord injury that results from the harnesses compressing your spine. The B-Pillar bar bolts into where the top of your OEM belts bolt in just to the side of the head rest of your seats. Sparco and other companies make these bars. You can then bolt the lap belt portion of the harnesses into the locations I stated in #1. From here, you'll want to bolt the rears down at an angle toward the floor of the backseats. Alot of people just drill new holes in the floor and bolt them in (most people don't care about drilling more holes as normally the car has no interior anyways). I would definitely recommend using this approach and not #1 as you kind of put yourself and your passengers at risk.

B18TEG

BLACK DA
thanks nighthawk. I do have a harness bar from iap that is custom made for the DA. secondly the DA doesn't have a lap belt mounting hole, its on the seat, so I guess I'll be going into the exhaust tunnel and left side floor for the lap belts; and drilling new holes for the harness itself. Thanks. If I find anything else I will post here for those who do need it. I'll post pics this weekend if I finish. I'm still waiting on my seats to come in to finish the whole thing off.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
The angle that the harness will have when mounted to the rear seat bolts falls in the safe zone. Also make sure you get a harness bar, not a b-pillar bar. A B-pillar is not stront enough for harnesses, mainly because the harness is thicker and has the vertical reinforcement.

I personally would never use a $50 harness.

http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=2_18&products_id=265
http://www.inlinefour.com/sphaba.html

This post is mainly for future reference, curious to see the harness bar in the DA.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
^ I too, wouldn't use a $50 harness. No offense, but I wouldn't buy any products from NRG. I know some people who have their quick releases and have said that they suck ass. I'd get a harness bar, but I have the sedan, not the hatch. I'm just gonna mount my harness to the rear seat bolt.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I need a harness because I'm gonna be getting a bucket seat soon. No use getting a bucket seat without a harness right?

sonicvybe

new driver
I need a harness because I'm gonna be getting a bucket seat soon. No use getting a bucket seat without a harness right?
I suppose so...You would still have the rigidity characteristic, and maybe lower seat position, but not the belt restraint to hold you in nice and tight. My guess is that the seat and harness go together quite well. It ought to work without out it also, as long as the seat sides aren't too deep.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I suppose so...You would still have the rigidity characteristic, and maybe lower seat position, but not the belt restraint to hold you in nice and tight. My guess is that the seat and harness go together quite well. It ought to work without out it also, as long as the seat sides aren't too deep.
Getting the Bride Zeta Sport.