400+ club

cody1018

500+ club bitches.... Challenge murdered
#sohc #hypermiles #highwaydriven

Sent from Wonka's chocolate factory using tapatalk 2

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
i shoulda specified that it was for integs. lol!!

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Coy, are you around 200 at half-tank? I'm a go for 400+ on this tank too! This is using 87Octane on my GSR, just moved back from school which was a 270mile trek with a packed car, A/C on and off, still got around mid 30's mpg so I'm in a good spot to hit 400 :D
- Aaron

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Are you speaking from experience or like most people on here, what other people tell you? MPG is about the same vs 91 and performance loss seems to be minimal according to my butt-dyno. Plus, I'm not all that interested in driving "fast" in a straight line, I prefer to take corners fast.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
Coy, are you around 200 at half-tank? I'm a go for 400+ on this tank too! This is using 87Octane on my GSR, just moved back from school which was a 270mile trek with a packed car, A/C on and off, still got around mid 30's mpg so I'm in a good spot to hit 400 :D
- Aaron
yeah. more or less. its weird. i seem to have better mpg when its less than half.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.

Nick_C78

Are you speaking from experience or like most people on here, what other people tell you? MPG is about the same vs 91 and performance loss seems to be minimal according to my butt-dyno. Plus, I'm not all that interested in driving "fast" in a straight line, I prefer to take corners fast.
Yeah, but a stock gsr is tuned for 91. Running a lower octane fuel than what you are tuned on isn't exactly good for the motor. More than likely you are leaning out the motor a little bit. There is a reason it says "Premium Unleaded Fuel Only" All over the car.

Oh and I too like to use the butt dyno to tell if something is safe or not to use. :roll: Oh and you still need your motor to run right to take corners fast. Just sayin.

cvcrcr99

HX civic? Lean burn would explain that insane mileage. That temp gauge looks a little on the hot side, too ;)

I am lucky to get to 260ish with the sedan. B20 motor/LS manual trans using an LS ecu. Not sure if that is hindering me though. I would love if the car could get into the 300's

Last edited:

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
I've defended my self a million times on this subject and don't want to stray from the main point of this thread. @Nick Let me school you for a second, refer to page 94 of the manual, "If you are unable to find premium unleaded, you may substitute an unleaded regular gasoline. The engine will compensate for the lower octane, but you may notice a slight decrease in power as a result." :slap:
Good luck on hitting 400miles everyone!