4th Acura, 1st teg! 94 RS JDM ITR replica

Canadian144

Hey guys,

As the title states, this is my 4th Acura but 1st Integra... excited about it though! Prior to this I've had 3 Legends (well 2 have just been parts cars). My 92 Legend coupe has been a project for over a year and is finally about read to go on the road. Swapped the motor, converted it to a 5 speed, headers, exhaust, Konis, H&Rs, etc etc etc. Got some S2000 rims waiting to go on.

Anyways, I was on the lookout for a different project car. Really wanted a Del Sol at first... but then found a DA GSR about 8 hours north of Toronto for $500 needing body and clutch work. I contacted the guy but he decided not to sell it :( But while browsing the local craigslist, I found this had been posted up for sale 3 weeks before I bought it, but listed as a 93 (which is the only reason I saw it! As I was really looking for a DA GSR).

So I ended up with this 1994 Integra RS, 5 speed. Going to be a solid project I think. Don't get me wrong, I love my Legend and will never sell it - but I wanted something smaller and a little sportier. Legend is more of a cruiser/luxury coupe obviously, whereas this is a bare bones, lightweight car. The kind of car I can take to Cayuga or Mosport and do some track days in.

I guess I'll start with the pics:

The bad:
-Engine was reported to have a blown 3rd cylinder according to PO. However it looks like someone just incorrectly threaded the spark plug and it popped out - runs perfect now!
-Fuel tank leaks
-Left side skirt mounts are all rusted out and the skirt is currently taped on
-Minor interior pieces missing/broken but pretty good
-Apparently the sound system is dodgy and there is no antenna
-Other exterior wear/tear, including dent in the hood, other rust, and paint

The Good:
-JDM ITR front end
-JDM 96 spec ITR 4x114.3 hubs, brakes, and wheels (5 of them)
-ITR gauge cluster
-ITR spoiler
-Compustar alarm system/keyless entry
-aftermarket shift knob
-"upgraded rear suspension" - this is what the PO said, I believe it's just the lower control arms, though he said that the rear springs were also changed.
Honda type r spoiler
-98/up rear tails

All in all, the "good" would take much more than $500 to put together. Although the JDM front end has seen better days, it's still a good start.

My plans:
-Fix the rust/lots of bodywork!
-Better used lenses for the JDM lights (not sure if this is possible)
-Repaint the wheels (at least until I can get some aftermarket wheels in this pattern)
-red JDM ITR Recaros
-Shave rear antenna hole, as well as rear wiper
-Fix sound system (maybe a newer deck and some other speakers, no heavy sub/amp though)
-repaint interior, as well as exterior
-various interior pieces that need to be replaced
-coilovers (or a nice strut/spring combo)
-new gas tank

-LS/Vtec conversion - details still to be planned. So far leaning towards aftermarket rods/pistons, ARP rod bolts, B16 head, ARP head studs, aftermarket intake manifold/cams/valvetrain/exhaust, and hopefully a trans with an LSD (or at least a GSR trans). Not sure what to do about the ECU. Still have to really hammer out the details of the engine. If I can get it running now, at least I can use it to drive the car around, and I'll start with the body work.

This will definitely be a much bigger project than the Legend was. At least there is a far larger selection of aftermarket parts available!

Anyways will post up more once I start working on her. Legend is still my priority, just wanted to get these pics up there and get some feedback. I am still considering just finding a clean shell (no interior/body panels/suspension) instead of having to deal with so much rust, but IDK.

At one point the car had a GSR swap. I imagine it was the same time it got all of the ITR parts haha... someone clearly put a lot of money and effort into the car and it just went downhill. I think it also had red ITR Recaros. I hope I can restore it to above it's former glory!

Walkaround:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l1suZ0mJWU&feature=relmfu

Video of car driving:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTojo815PQY&feature=youtu.be

Will start a build thread on this site soon. Hopefully picking up a gas tank, some interior bits, and possible some aftermarket suspension on Wednesday.

JemmieN

not a girl lol
wow how much did you get that for?

btw i LOVE legends but it is extremely difficult to find one with a Type II engine 6spd...

Last edited:

Canadian144

Haha thanks, it was $500, got him down from his asking of $700.

And yeah very hard to find a type 2 6 speed. I had to drive all the way to Pittsburgh to find a 5 speed parts car. Right now she's a Type 1 5 speed, but the motor will eventually be swapped for a 3.5, with Webcam regrinds, and a type 2 intake manifold.

96GreenDB

Wow, $500! Im so jealous. this car is super rough, but it came with a lot of goodies to easily make it worth it. Honestly I would look for another shell to transfer the front end, spoiler, suspension and wheels over to with no rust. But either way mad props for saving this car. Cant believe the owner let it sit like that.

Canadian144

Thanks guys! Honestly the rust isn't TOO bad other than the side skirt. Rear qps are pretty common for any 90s Honda up here.

Picked this up today locally for $50, I'm planning to run Recaros/role cage (or at least a harness bar)/4 point harness, so when that's all in place I'll swap this in. It's a little bent but still pretty good, a good squeeze in the table vise and it should be fine!