5-speed conversion

p3nnyw1se9

This is my first time posting something here. Here is my question. My grandma gave me a 1991 LS Auto. My first 2 cars were 5-speeds and I really miss it, plus automatics are SLOW! Has anyone ever done a conversion from a auto to 5-speed and approxamatly how much does it cost? I dont know were to go to find out so i hit the online comunity! The main thing is, i dont want to sell the car and make grandma think "he doesnt like the car!". :?:

KrNxRaCer00

Originally posted by "TheNotoriousMogg"

it's not worth the time or money bro, sell the car and buy a 5 speed.
agreed.

sorry to say, but an auto teg, jus really doesn't have much potential w/ out spending more cash then it's worth...

Eminemslm0

get a civic....j/p i heard you can covert a civic for around 500 to 1000 so its not to much
not sure bout tegs though

DB7Racer

Pricing depends on where you go. But the bulk of the pricing will definetely be labor and will be anywhere from 500-1500 for labor alone. Parts shouldnt be too bad if you know where to look.

Tranny (LS, GSR, B16A)
Clutch
Flywheel
Pressure Plate
Shift Linkage
Clutch Pedal Assembly
Master cylinder
slave cylinder
ECU

Possibly more parts to add to this list, but Im not sure how much more is needed for a cable tranny.

lsvtec-2.0

i had a five speed conversion done it only took my shop 3 days and i got my integra back.
the parts you can prob find cheap
but like everybody said labor cost alot.
i spent like 4k plus on my five speed swap but i got all new shit including a type r tranny.
i heard you can actually do it yourself there really aint much shit too it if you have the parts.
thats of course if you mind doing some drilling :shock:
but dont let anybody discourage you about your auto integra.
everybody told me just sell my shit and get a gay ass gsr and i said fuk that.
so i went my way but also i had already made my integ into lsvtec so no way in hell i would lower myself to a gsr.
so its on you and how much cash u got to burn.
automatics suck ass!!!!!!!!

illatekzilla

do it urself it's easy if u have the right tools and the no how

MINNOWS007

If you can turn a wrench it's not that hard just time consuming. I've done 3 CR-X auto to manual conversions. If you want to do it your self go to a junk yard and get everything. pedal assembly, shift linkage, tranny, everything you want to change. All the bolt hole and stuff are already there you just have to get the old stuff out and swap it over. You will have to cut a ne hole in the floor for the shifter but like I said the space is already there for where it goes. The auto is cable opperated so you will have to cover up the old hole in the floor. If you like wrenching on the car yourself it is doable. If not it could turn out to be one big pain in the ass.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
dont forget the 5-speed gauge cluster. you dont wanna have to look at "PRND321" when you are checking your speed all the time

typeRblack1

Eviloliv3 said:
dont forget the 5-speed gauge cluster. you dont wanna have to look at "PRND321" when you are checking your speed all the time

try craigslist.com ull find the manny tranny. tell ur grandma that u want a new integra and u put hella miles on tha car already