5 Speed Shifter Issues.

Prozon

Kris
1993 Acura Integra - B18B1, 5 Speed.

My shifter is a little bit wobbly.. you can put it into gear and shift just fine, but when the car is off you have almost as much left to right play in gear as you would in neutral.

(In neutral you can slide the shifter all the way from the left to the right.)
(In 1st you should only be able to wiggle it a little around in that area..)

Is this just how the car is or is there something I can adjust? I noticed it's a little confusing when trying to put it into neutral when i'm not driving it.

Thanks.

Ilovemy95teggy

yeah. thats normal.
if you want to make it feel tighter, get urethane shifter bushings.
Will this go for all integras in general? Cuz my 3rd gen tegs shifting feels a little sloppy. So if i just install some urethane shift bushings, itll collect itself back togethet and feel tighter??

Prozon

Kris
I know that they weren't made for it. But I wasn't sure how big of a difference there actually was.

Prozon

Kris
Does anyone have somewhere to buy shifter bushings from? I like to avoid these oddball companies that sell everything for every vehicle known to man. Seems a bit fishy to me.

Acura or Honda sites that sell shifter bushings?

worthyking

Sorry to say but that will NOT fix your problem. I just installed Energy Suspension shifter bushings plus new OEM bushing & dust boot (items number 8, 11, 15 and 18 in the picture below) and the sloppy shifter remains.

Does anyone have a real solution for this? For the street this wouldn't bother me, but this is my race car and it often causes mis-shifts on track...actually ended up bending a valve because of it this weekend. It is pissing me off and would really like some help to stiffen it up.

Prozon

Kris
Shifter bushings stiffened it up for me....

Get under it and see if you can wiggle the shift extensions to see if you can determine the location of the looseness.