$500 to spend on exterior-What to get?

95redRS

since I am going to be lookin for a ITR or GS-R motor swap in spring/summer of '07 I am looking to update my exterior. I have $500 to spend on this.. I was thinking of a ViS invader hood for my 95 RS. Im open to ne opinions. I have stock exhaust, lower'd,17" rims with 4 new cooper tires.

K. Legaspi

You Buggin' Out
ummm... type-r front lip or si-vtec front lip... paint ur sides... if ur lowered 2" or lower thats not enough.. go 2.25+... ummm if ur side moldings arent painted tehn paint those too... and the invader hood will only get u flamed...

type-r front lip or si vtec - 190$
painted moldings or side skirts and front lip - 40$ maybe if u do it urself
ride height - is all up to you if u wanna go lower...
the hood - i really dont like any other hood but OEM but thats up to you. id rather spend money on performance

maybe sell ur 17s and save the rest of ur 250 for a set of light weight 16s or 15s....

this is just my opinon.. do what u want tho..

o yea LETS SEE SOME PICS

Last edited:

95redRS

thanks i'm defintely a DIY'er..wat about a OEM CF hood? got ne links to these lips? im not really into performance right now until i do a motor swap..my rs has 160,000 on it :(...so im goin for appearance first.. maybe do a body kit too? any opinions?

95redRS

basically i purchased this car 3 months ago, and the previous owner beat the hell out of it, ive nearly had to change all the seals..and am working to restore its exterior to the prime looking Acura machine it is..OPINIONS ANY PLZ, what would u do, getting pics soon!!

Last edited:

95redRS

Heres a pic, still trying to figure out the pic thing, kinda new srry CI guru's

Last edited by a moderator:

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Paint side moldings, mirrors, side skirts, get a itr lip, s2000 replica antenna. :thumbs up

K. Legaspi

You Buggin' Out
me and jason (g3teg97) have the same idea.. keep it simple as for the ITR lip..
u can got to...

jdmshit.com (highly recommended
streetstyler.com (cheap but would not recomend)
tunerzimage.com

as for the OEM CF hood... itll look pretty good on ur car.... and f u have 500$ to spend on one thing like that then go for it.. and the drop looks good fo r 17s... i would og maybe .5 or 1" lower... but thats just me... are those springs or sleeve coilovers?

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
Cf hoods are good! if you got the money knock out whats going to cost the most! But dont get the invader style, get oem or Evo style hood

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Paint the side skirts
ITR lip
OEM CF hood
Shave that side moldings

That's over budget, but I wouldn't waste time painting the side molding. Just save up and shave that crap off.

or do a 98-01 conversion

Last edited:

g3teg97

Super Moderator
dc2GS-R said:
Paint the side skirts
ITR lip
OEM CF hood
Shave that side moldings

That's over budget, but I wouldn't waste time painting the side molding. Just save up and shave that crap off.

or do a 98-01 conversion
A little over budget, but exactly what I'd do.

95redRS

Kev_98IntegraLS said:
me and jason (g3teg97) have the same idea.. keep it simple as for the ITR lip..
u can got to...

jdmshit.com (highly recommended
streetstyler.com (cheap but would not recomend)
tunerzimage.com

as for the OEM CF hood... itll look pretty good on ur car.... and f u have 500$ to spend on one thing like that then go for it.. and the drop looks good fo r 17s... i would og maybe .5 or 1" lower... but thats just me... are those springs or sleeve coilovers?
Sleeve coilovers