5spd conversion noob questions

a_miller

Hey everyone I'm new to this forum not to integra ownership. my wife just bought a 98 4 door automatic and she hates it I have a 95 integra and I am considering buying a parts car that we can kinda share and converting hers to a 5 spd with the parts from the parts car. I see threads on the parts u need and the price of those parts but I'm using a parts car and just kinda wanna know the difficulty level. Iand if there are any specialty tools required. Was also considering converting mine to rhd and donating my 5spd parts to her minus trans. I wanna do the jdm front end anyway and Its like killing 2 birds In one japanese order.lmk what you guys think i know the rhd won't be easy. Thanks criticism appreciated

99TegLs

How mechanically inclined are you?
This. I did the 5 speed swap. I had a parts car as well. You will need:
1. new clutch/flywheel
2. auto->manual transmission mount.
EDIT* everything else can be had from said parts car.

For anyone with (minimal) experience, this job is a 6/10.
For anyone with (good) experience, this job is a 3/10.

Wiring is the biggest pain honestly. Especially the cruise control and reverse lights.

I have no comment on RHD or front end swap. I would never do either.

96LSteg

Jemel
Same here for the front clip and front end swap. I like my 94-97 front end and dont wont to attract anymore theives :lol:

a_miller

My mechanic level is basic but electrical is my issue I think ill go for the parts car good point on theives... would I need to swap the ecu or will the auto one work. How much electical work is there. My mechanical level is self tought I learn by taking apart and putting back together again... and youtube videos and forums... thanks

96LSteg

Jemel
you will need a manual ecu. They can be bought for like 100~150. Like earlier stated you will need to wire the reverse light and Cruise Crontrol

Nick_C78

If you do not have too much money, time, and sentimental value invested it is actually cheaper/easier to just sell the auto and buy a 5 speed all together. Unless of course it is retardedly clean and low miles.