5th gear problem

95GSR21

My car pops out of 5th gear when letting off the gas..im thinking motor mounts..input? sorry for all the new threads lately!

95GSR21

i know aftermarket mounts are are stiff and make your shit rumble, so I don't want that. I just need pointed into the right direction in getting replacement mounts..and maybe pricing? found some on ebay for 18 shipped, but seems high if i just want oem replacements

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-01-Acura-Integra-Prothane-Motor-Mount-Kit-8-1904BL-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem48369facc8QQitemZ310154079432QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_1314wt_939
would this work? or is this something different?

Last edited:

mjones73

Those are just inserts like the ES inserts to stiffen the factory mounts.

If you want the same as what you have now, OEM is the way to go. I'd confirm the mounts are actually bad first. The shift linkage is bolted to the trans itself so it will move with the motor to keep the car from coming out of gear, the motor would have to be moving pretty bad to pop itself out of gear.

Most like your syncros are going bad in the trans and/or your fluid is low.

95GSR21

It did it with my last tranny before it went..replaced the tranny..same problem

eugene1gsr2000

sanchez
mine used to do it, but after much research...i found a solution. I drained my tranny fluid...Bought one(1) quart of 5w30 motor oil, then bought one(1) quart of GM sychromesh (from GM dealer), also bought one(1) Lucas oil stabilizer(from autozone)...

~started by adding the one quart of motor oil in tranny, then 1/4 of oil stabilizer(be patient cause its really thick), then add the one quart of the gm sychromesh, then another 1/4 of oil stabilizer..

~ took it on the freeway, and it popped out once, then after that has not popped out since... I hope this is useful to you, I thought i was going to have to replace the tranny, but after researching alot, found out that it was only a $34.00 problem..

95GSR21

Appreciate the help guys..ill check the linkage bushings first, if they're good ill do the fluids..thanks

Hot.Damn.

newb and awesome
If your linkage is good and your mounts and fluid levels are good. Its most likely your shifter detent for 5th, its usually a ball and spring which holds the shifter in place. It should be a cheap fix. If that's not it and you have tried everything else its your synchronization assembly for 5th