6 Cylinder in Integra?

Dunet

Hey there guys!

Im new to the thread.. Just recently set up an account so that I could network with fellow integra owners.

I have a 2000 acura integra ls. I was just curious..

Its a 1.8 liter.. Would it be possible to put a v6 accord engine into the car so that I can have more power?

Dont know alot about cars, the integra is my first so I didnt even know if this was an option..

94RS

No fucks given.
It's possible. It's not worth it, but it's possible.

Edit: Forgot to mention that unless the engine is mounted really low (which makes going over bumps shitty), the only way to close the hood is to cut an opening for the intake mani.

Last edited:

Dunet

Ok thanks.. Didnt realize the hood closing would be an issue.

Got another super weird question.. Is it possible to make the car a rwd instead of a fwd?

Teggy64

Got vtec?
Yes, but for the money you'd have to spend you'd be better off just buying a rwd car to begin with. Google rwd integra, people have done it.

94RS

No fucks given.
Because the NSX is V6 and RWD. They have the same badges, it's obviously the same shit....

R13

The other asshole
Because an nsx is 50,000, a good integra is 5,000. :wak:

Dunet

I bought my integra from a friend at a moment when I desperately needed a ride. He had 2 integras (red and black) and had no use for the black one. He sold it to me at 128,000 miles for $2300.

I plan on keeping my acura for a while so I just want to make some modifications to it to get the power I want. Since this is my first car, Ive never moded anything before so Im just trying to figure out whats possible for me to do.

R13

The other asshole
Honestly if you want power you could just put together a good turbo kit, get it tuned and run it till she blows, buy a b20 and repeat, then if you decided to build a good engine you'd have a turbo setup on hand.

b20's are only like $500 anyway. :lol:

Nick_C78

You've never modded anything before and just wanna just straight to rwd v6 integra? Thats like learning to ride a bike before you can crawl.

Dunet

Thanks for that tip R13, ill definitely do that. Can you send me a link to were I can find out all the info I need on how to do that?

@Nick_C78, naa I wasnt going to do that right away.. Just wanted to know if it were possible so that I could if I wanted to down the road.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
We have an AWD Civic we've built over the last few years, but it's not easy.

[YOUTUBE="."]r-pCMU4bWPQ[/YOUTUBE]