650 for dc2 recaros?

Brett1414

Searching for that 1 swap
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/ptd/5313703692.html

So I am currently searching for a pair of these, but before i buy i wanted to ask anyone is it worth it for 650, also can the bolsters be cleaned/ repaired or should i wait and buy recaros in better condition for like 800

Noneed2Hate

I'd say so, overall condition looks good. As far as cleaning the bolters, that depends on if the "dirty" areas are actually dirty or rubbed raw.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
$650 will get you CTR recaro's, they'll be in "meh" condition and you can clean them up with a steam cleaner. I bought mines from the shop down the street of that one. I'd suggest you do the same, the one on Willard road is better than this one, this one is pretty shady when it comes to parts. I went in for an ITR spoiler that I saw they were selling for $60 and the dude said he was actually selling it for $100.

Edit: here's their address, 13909 Willard Rd, Chantilly, VA 20151

Brett1414

$650 will get you CTR recaro's, they'll be in "meh" condition and you can clean them up with a steam cleaner. I bought mines from the shop down the street of that one. I'd suggest you do the same, the one on Willard road is better than this one, this one is pretty shady when it comes to parts. I went in for an ITR spoiler that I saw they were selling for $60 and the dude said he was actually selling it for $100.

Edit: here's their address, 13909 Willard Rd, Chantilly, VA 20151
VA JDM Motors right? Ill call tomorrow to see if they have any in stock.

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
Hey I've always wondered if it was safe to use the oem jdm itr/ctr Recaros for a Daily driver?
I might be over thinking it.. thought it required a roll cage and a helmet. Because of the way the seat 'breaks' in an accident.
Or because its oem' jdm it would be designed like a oem usdm and be safe (for dd without rollcage)...

Brett1414

Hey I've always wondered if it was safe to use the oem jdm itr/ctr Recaros for a Daily driver?
I might be over thinking it.. thought it required a roll cage and a helmet. Because of the way the seat 'breaks' in an accident.

Or because its oem' jdm it would be designed like a oem usdm and be safe (for dd without rollcage)...
Your overthinking it. In japan the type r doesnt have a roll cage and the seats are also dot approved.

Noneed2Hate

Your overthinking it. In japan the type r doesnt have a roll cage and the seats are also dot approved.
I imagine if the seats are going into a car with the same overall chassy etc then it should be fine :)