8k HiD's Illegal?

speedin

The Transporter
all of those aftermarket HID kits are illegal. Why do you think they all say "off road use only?" Because to be legal for the road they have to get DOT approval, and these company's just dont bother.

Will a cop pull you over for it....well thats up to him. But he can. I have heard of it being done, one kid was pulled over right outside of my school for HID's in a TC (knew him). The higher color temps stand out more as non-oem so its easier to tell there the illegal ones. That plus those who put them into halogen housings get some serious scatter.

Personally I feel cops should pull over those who do these kits in standard housings, ive been on the receiving end and you can see shit. It much worse when all of these lifted F250's and shit do it, because they shine right into your back window. Its very dangerous for oncoming drivers, and it is illegal.

A retro-fit is the only way to go, and G3's its so damn easy there is no reason it shouldn't be done. If you don't want to do it, look into HIR bulbs instead. Still halogen, but MUCH brighter.

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
what do you guys mean by retrofit? wont the projectors focus the light well enough not to cause scatter.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
all of those aftermarket HID kits are illegal. Why do you think they all say "off road use only?" Because to be legal for the road they have to get DOT approval, and these company's just dont bother.

Will a cop pull you over for it....well thats up to him. But he can. I have heard of it being done, one kid was pulled over right outside of my school for HID's in a TC (knew him). The higher color temps stand out more as non-oem so its easier to tell there the illegal ones. That plus those who put them into halogen housings get some serious scatter.

Personally I feel cops should pull over those who do these kits in standard housings, ive been on the receiving end and you can see shit. It much worse when all of these lifted F250's and shit do it, because they shine right into your back window. Its very dangerous for oncoming drivers, and it is illegal.

A retro-fit is the only way to go, and G3's its so damn easy there is no reason it shouldn't be done. If you don't want to do it, look into HIR bulbs instead. Still halogen, but MUCH brighter.
G3 Integras don't have to worry about getting pulled over. With the projectors, the light doesn't scatter. I'd worry if I was driving a G2 or DC5.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
ive been on the receiving end and you can see shit. It much worse when all of these lifted F250's and shit do it, because they shine right into your back window. Its very dangerous for oncoming drivers
I actually disagree. It's not that bad and has little effect IMO. There are thousands of people around here with jacked up F350's as well as many other cars and it doesn't bother me at all. Doesn't seem any more blinding than any other setup to me, or atleast not a dangerously significant amount

I think you just have sensitive eyes lol

Pugnap00

Why so serious?
even though mine scatters, i can see everything so much better than with stock lights. Its like driving witht he sun in my headlights lol.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
even though mine scatters, i can see everything so much better than with stock lights. Its like driving witht he sun in my headlights lol.
Yessir. I'm never going back to halogen. :thumbs up

ok another question. will stock housings be able to handle 6k bulbs or will it be too hot?
6000K is no problem. Hell, you can even run 14000K if you want.

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
haha. i think im gonna do 6000K low beams and just yellow bulb high beams. ive seen a few tegs with a yellow high beams lens. is that just a vinyl?

speedin

The Transporter
I actually disagree. It's not that bad and has little effect IMO. There are thousands of people around here with jacked up F350's as well as many other cars and it doesn't bother me at all. Doesn't seem any more blinding than any other setup to me, or atleast not a dangerously significant amount

I think you just have sensitive eyes lol
You say a Lifted F250 with HID's shining in your back window doesn't bother you? It lites the whole fucking car up! I can see all the non hid cars with hid's coming down the highway miles away, the light scatter is all over the place. on a lit street its not that bad, but these cars on a dark 2 lane road coming at you is a whole other story...

Yes G3's arnt that bad, but since its so easy to do a retro you should, besides, Bi-xenon retro's are sick!

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
A jacked up F250 behind me even with normal lights bothers me. But the HID isn't much worse to me nor is it blindly dangerous. Just a minor inconvienence at best.

Mikeb353

yeah i have 10k on my car and i love them haven't gotten pulled over yet knock on wood, but there bright as hell though.