8K redline for a B18

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
thanks for having the patience bigmac lol.
I'm trying lol.

No the fuel cutoff is when you rev it too far and you see/hear the rpms "bouncing" while it's floored (because when the motor hits a certain rpm the ecu sends a code that cuts fuel so the motor doesn't over rev and damage itself - because it's not balanced or designed to rev past said point in stock form).

You can use the p06 as long as it has a b1 basemap and you get it tuned for your car with the Hondata. Don't just use a "one-size-fits-all" tune, especially if you're boosting.

bfatdaintegra

IM motorvated
i got a chipped ecu from a shop called all about speed 2 years ago and they dumped alot of fuel and air into it and my redline was at 8400 but i had to put a msd box cause the stock honda ignition cant keep up past 7k and i had to put a blaster coil on it i took it to 8 grand no problem just put fresh gaskets and make shure it dont have high miles because u will blow it up

Ok I tried to read it all but I guess I just need to ask...

WHY do u feel the need to run your car to 7K or higher? I mean in all honesty I don't see the reason.. its not a rotary or an S2K that makes power till 8K+

we tend to drop of power about 6500 or so.. power band starts about 5K roughly maybe a touch lower.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
He doesn't understand the whole concept of a power band I think... He thought the higher he revved the safer his engine would be and the more power it would make.

He doesn't understand the whole concept of a power band I think... He thought the higher he revved the safer his engine would be and the more power it would make.
AH ok.. just a noob question I understand now.. No harm in asking.. however it looks like he now has his answers lol

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Yep hopefully he can read up about stuff on CI and get all his questions answered. He said he was boosting in a few weeks...

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
6300 rpms is where the b18b1 peaks power I believe. You will not make power after that unless you balance the internals to 8k and tune your boost for high-end power (and remove the fuel cutoff in the tune as well). But that's useless, unless you're a hardcore drag racer.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Pretty much. A lot of guys boost the b18b1 and make nice cars within the stock power band. GReddy makes a decent kit for the b1. Although if you have the option put together a custom kit. The Garrett GT28 turbos are awesome for the B-series motors IMO. They max out around 350whp but they spool up pretty quickly.

Last edited:

amaestre32

naa im not bt wouldnt that be pointless with boost with no vtec

ehh not really since the non vtec is a lot less complicated to the newer honda heads it should be a very easy boost job if you READ carefully. In fact i have a FULL turbo kit avaible :) so i think you should hit up the very good deal.