90 Integra LS rich smell from exhaust

shreddr69

Hi folks, I had a question.... I had to get my 90 Integra LS smogged in California, needed a new CAT, when the muffler dude put it on he told me my exhaust smelled rich and he feared I'd melt my new CAT, so once I passed smog I put on my old cat, hollow out of course but I'm desperate to figure out what could be causing the rich running. I did a full tune up, timing belt, water pump, cap, rotor, wires, plugs, new Acura thermostat and adjusted the valves, replaced the fuel filter, PCV valve, the smog tech plugged my fuel system into a cleaning machine and blew out the entire fuel system, not to mention all the fuel system cleaner and marvel mystery oil I've put through, oh yeah and I replaced the O2 sensor.
The car runs great but only gets 22 mpg which seems like excessive fuel consumption to me since I don't beat my 242,000 mile B18A1 motor.
There is NO check engine light on,
The fans come on when they should, the car idles fine, timing is spot on, now my integra does burn some oil but so does my brothers 92 civic hatch with 260,000 miles and his exhaust smells perfectly clean. Both cars have equal amounts of smoke coming out the back when you step hard on the throttle so I am totally at a loss and damn near ready to take it to a shop to see if they can figure it out because I am out of ideas. I have search the internet over and over and am at a total loss. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!