90 integra

mnm90

hey whats up every body my ? is, is there another engine i can put in my 1990 integra ls with any wire modifications or body parts?

Trix

huh?? you can swap a b16, b18, b20 even a single cam d series would work just let your imagination run wild along with your wallet

mnm90

thanks trix for da info. n yes i ask bcuz money is tight having a family. n cant afford to upgrade to wire harness n other parts or computers from whaat i have heard. i mainly use it to work n drive 120 miles a day

Trix

u can swap out the head and keep the bottom end, just wire up vtec to the existing wire harness, or just get another ls motor

TegraTiger

motor series

The way I understand it, if you have a B20c2 block, you can only use that series head on it, like a B20b1 (if that exists). Or if you have a B18A1 block, you can use a B18c2 head. Just stick with the first numbering part for the series for it all to match up and work right. I'm not too sure if you can use a SOHC B20 head on a B16 block. It's not so much will the bolts line up as do the oil passages line up, do the cylinders match the valve locations, etc. It's just sooooo much easier if you stick with the same series block/head numbers.

Anyways.....

94RS

No fucks given.
The way I understand it, if you have a B20c2 block, you can only use that series head on it, like a B20b1 (if that exists). Or if you have a B18A1 block, you can use a B18c2 head. Just stick with the first numbering part for the series for it all to match up and work right. I'm not too sure if you can use a SOHC B20 head on a B16 block. It's not so much will the bolts line up as do the oil passages line up, do the cylinders match the valve locations, etc. It's just sooooo much easier if you stick with the same series block/head numbers.

Anyways.....
Dude.... Wtf, a single cam B-series motor? B-series engines are all DOHC. And B20C2?I'm gonna give the benefit of the doubt and assume that that could have been a typo.

Jeffbel

Mmmk. Fail thread. Education time

Possible swaps: Anything. You can put whatever the hell you want into the car.

Common Swaps: Now these are what you're probably looking at. They have been done many times and covered in many different threads.
D-series- Mostly out of 90s civics, there's no real point in putting it in your integra. Don't do it.

B-series- Most common swap for our cars because they come out of our cars. They are all DOHC, some are vtec and some are not. Vtec heads tend to breathe better, not just go bawahhhh. Most commonly you'll see b16, b18, and b20. There is a b17 but at this point is rare and outdated.
The b16 is a 1.6 liter out of "special" civics, most commonly found in the 99-00 si, but some del sols come with them too. They're all vtec. It's a good strong engine but I still put it behind the b18.
The b18 is a 1.8 liter out of integras like ours. The common two are the b18a1, and the b18b1. They don't breathe well but they get pretty good fuel economy, unless the compression is through the roof or you're slamming boost into it don't expect it to be fast. The vtec versions are the more sought after. Most commonly in the us we see the b18c1 and sometimes the b18c5. The c5 is IMO the best AMERICAN b series you can buy. Jdm or ukdm engines are a little harder to come across but usually worth the money, vtec b18s all have a C then a number, sometimes it's just a C.
The b20 is just like a b18a1 or b1 just bored out to a 2.0 liter. It gives a little more torque but still has the same choking head on it. It comes out of the crv.

Ls/vtec and b20/vtec- now things are just getting crazy. These are Frankenstein engines. Most commonly an Ls or b20 block is fitted with a b16 or Gsr head. A few modifications along the way but these beasts rev high and pull hard for not much money. Tuning is a big factor in this.

Last edited:

Jeffbel

And k-series- it's the newer honda flagship engine. They're putting these in everything! For good reason, more moving parts than a b-series but they have higher displacement and longer strokes to get more powa. They handle boost and compression exceptionally well but the problem is that they're new. Well newish, anyways they're more expensive than most of us want to spend because unlike the b-series you have to convert everything to k-series. You'll need a new transmission, axles, wiring, ecu, mounts, shift linkage and a tune. Then there's lots of things that are kinda needed, hybrid racing makes all of those.

J-series- V6 big engine out of the newer stuff. Not that much experience with this guy but it seems like it has some progress to be made. Someone else elaborate I'm bored...

Jeffbel

I forgot about H/f-series. These are more popular than K because their less expensive.
H22 and h23. These are the DOHC versions of the F-series. I'm bored again. I'll come back on in an hour to finish my rant.