90 LS rough idle, please need help

teggy/accord

the man you wont to be
my dad has a 1990 ls and when at a stop it will make a little poof nois almost like a miss fire butt its not the timeing is good and he also has a ruf idle any help will be grately apercated thanky

teggy/accord

the man you wont to be
have you clean your iacv ?
i asked him that and he dont know how to. plus i dont own the teg my dad does and he lives in the bay and i dont. if its not the spark plugs or the iacv what could it be and pics will verey help full that way i can explain and show him. he is knew to the import and im new to the acura ive always ownd accord's are they the same ass the the accord othere than the little bitt of head dizine and dissplacemint? thanks for all the help

teggy/accord

the man you wont to be
he said that it set for a week becaus it had aleaking water pump and befor he had parked it it ran fine then he rplaced the timeing belt and water pump. he says it pulls strong and runs good butt when at a stop it will start to go poof poof :(

teggy/accord

the man you wont to be
when he took off the timeing belt he did not move none of that. is it realy that easy to move the timeing off when takeing the belt off? im new to the teg world i mainly work on accords and its kinda hard to mess up the timeing when takeing off the belt. done it on my accord 4 times and never had this happen to me and im lerning about the teg as i go just like i did the accord.

i almost forgot he says it only does it once every now and then at low idle like at a stop will this mess up hiss motor

Last edited:

teggy/accord

the man you wont to be
Did he line up the timing marks correctly?
when he took off the timeing belt he did not move none of that. is it realy that easy to move the timeing off when takeing the belt off? im new to the teg world i mainly work on accords and its kinda hard to mess up the timeing when takeing off the belt. done it on my accord 4 times and never had this happen to me and im lerning about the teg as i go just like i did the accord.

i almost forgot he says it only does it once every now and then at low idle like at a stop will this mess up hiss motor

Dtackett

how long sense he put a fuel system cleaner in it? does it sound like its not getting enough gas? and yes its that easy to miss the timing by 1 tooth, on my da the exhaust cam is a couple teeth off of the intake cam, it rotates slightly toward the front of the engine and i have to hold it in place as i slip the timing belt on and i had to do it 3 times to make sure it was done right.

i would tell him to get a timing gun from autozone you can rent them pretty cheap, and check his timing, check his fluids, check his spark plugs they might not be gapped right or not tight enough or too tight, theres numerous things that could cause a small stutter.

as for messing up his motor it all depends on what it is, best bet is if he cant figure out why its doing that take it to a shop and have them take a look at it

teggy/accord

the man you wont to be
ill bet its off a tooth or two. just my 2 cents.
thanks for your guys help i tryd to tell him over the phone and he dont get it. he moved from v8 up to are 4 banger world. :lol: tommorow im heading down there to show him what you guys are talking about. im not looking fowrd to the drive. butt it will be fun to race him down at there at his locol track :twisted: thanks for all the help sincerly teggy/accord :)

teggy/accord

the man you wont to be
ill bet its off a tooth or two. just my 2 cents.
well i just just came back from the bay where my dad lives and took a look at his car. the top pullys/head was off bye 3 teeth and had 2 bad spark plugs. i replaced them and redid all the timeing. relined all marks.
now she runs like a raped appe thanks for the help no more poof at a idle:lol: