90 LS starter bolt HELP

slikk

Money Getter
i replaced my starter yesterday .. wohoo

however while removing my old starter i relized that it was being held in place by one bolt. i have been to all the local parts dealers and none of them can find the bolt i need.

does anyone here have the bolt specs? please help before ruin the waranty on my new starter

Baldy201

how about pulling out the one bolt that is holding in the starter and got to a hardware store and get a couple more. Either that or call Honda and ask them. IDK if they will give you the specs over the phone or not. That is what I would do.

slikk

Money Getter
i went to:

autozone
advance auto parts
pepboys
Napa auto parts
Levine Automotive
Devan Acura
acuraparts247.com

and none of them have been able to help me so far. i was hoping someone have had to deal with this of have a spec manual of some sort an dcould help me out.

P.S please

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Take the bolt out, and get a ride to a hardware store. Then just match it with another identical bolt. My 93 Shop Manual dosent tell me shit about the bolt, except the torque specs.

DJNAS

HUSTLING FOR A HUSTLER
when all fail go to the junk yard and see if they have a g2 with a starter in it and rip out the bolts ....lol if you cant find it let me know my local junk yard has g2 i will have to go their and rip out the bolts for you on my day off .... lol

slikk

Money Getter
Update.... i went to

Honda of westport - no luck
La Blanc Salvage parts - no luck
La Joes salvage yard - no luck

i am screwed

by the way .. the new civic looks hot. the tan inteior is gay but the exterior styling ....S~W~E~E~T

has anyong tries to do an engine swap with that big ass 3.5L engine from the honda pickup ? :lol: good luck :lol:

Last edited:

slikk

Money Getter
ok for those of you who own 90LS's

the upper and lower starter mounting bolt are different lenghts

the lower bolt is either M10 X 1.25 X 110 or M10 X 1.25 X 120 i will post the finaly size later

you guys sure know how to help out a mofo in need :lol:

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
automatic and manual starters has a bolt that is slightly longer/ shorter than the other

slikk

Money Getter
cabezzzdb8 said:
You still havent gone to a junkyard ????
junkyards dont have them ... weird

i went to "The Nutty Comapny" and bougth a m10X125X110 and it was too long

hes a went again agot got a shorter bolt which works fine..

i also changed my tie- rod today all by myself :) wohoo the jam nut was a byotch to get loose but once i soaked in with the trusty WD40 i was done in less than an hour