90 ls tail lights always on

screbels

my break lights dont turn off? i can be driving and they stay on even parked and the car off and they stay on anyone know why?

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Do you have the right bulbs in them? If not it'll cause things to arc and mess up and stay on

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Pull bulbs and double check. On the third gen a couple bulb are single and others are double. If you mix them up all the lights stay on etc just like you describe. I did it once lol

DAWGSwlms22

check the sensor under the brake pedal. my 90 GS did this once, and the thing that hits the sensor broke. here's some pictures.
you can barely see the button that turns on the lights whenever the pedal is pressed in. the bolt on the pedal is what i put in to fix it.

and here it is with the brake pedal not pressed. the bolt head is where something was broke off. i'm not sure what went there before, so just see if that button is unpressed when the brake isn't touched.

ryukkid

beep beep
yup the same thing happen to me just glue a penny to the brake switch and problem solve lol

GHOST1207

If none of the solutions above work, try disconnecting the brake switch and switch it for another one or new one. Had the same issue right when I bought my Teg, except the brake lights would stay on whether or not the brake switch was pressed. Turned out to be a bad brake switch, so I just got another one off my buddy's DA.

92gsrboy

Ok so this problem just happened to me...got a new brake switch and the brake lights still stay on...anyone have a different reason why they would still stay on...and i was so sure it was the brake switch because when i unplugged the one that was originally in there they turned off

Last edited:

DAWGSwlms22

did you make sure that the switch was making contact with the pedal?
if it is, and still having the problem, only thing i could suggest is to start tracing wires. maybe some are crossed or something.