91 DA wiring foglights

Mister_Perkins

Oil Field Worker
Is there any wiring diagrams on wiring the DA foglights seperately from the headlights? Im just curious whats all involved in this. I'm sure i could figure it out, but im just trying to get a list of small things that I want to do to my DA as I'm saving up for major things like exhaust, turbo, cams, strut bars, etc..

I've searched wiring foglights and only a thread where a guy said, I wired my foglights seperately from my headlights and it only took 15 mins. << that doesnt help me.

Thanks

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
:thumbup: Worth it! Do it! Then get some yellow foglight condoms from a legend in the junk yard. and you'll be set!

tisguy

or just the jdm 1 piece that come yellow =P

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
don't wire it to your defroster, thats the lazy way to do it. follw the G2IC teg tips section as far as which wire to cut, but thats as far as i'd go. there is a thread on there as well that describes a much better location to wire them. if you wire them to the defroster switch, they'll be on constantly. however if you wire them using the following method, you'll gain access to using them at any time you want.

cut into the wire mentioned in the teg tips section, but instead of running a wire to the defroster switch, wire it to the free pin on your fuse box (circled below):

wiring it here will allow you to work the foglight switch as a direct toggle switch. now, you can push the switch, and your fogs will come on whether your headlights are on or not. you know when the switch is pushed in, your fogs only come on when your headlights are on, and even then, they are only on when your low beams are on. wire it here, you will thank me in the morning.

I'm Trying

hondagod_666 said:
don't wire it to your defroster, thats the lazy way to do it. follw the G2IC teg tips section as far as which wire to cut, but thats as far as i'd go. there is a thread on there as well that describes a much better location to wire them. if you wire them to the defroster switch, they'll be on constantly. however if you wire them using the following method, you'll gain access to using them at any time you want.

cut into the wire mentioned in the teg tips section, but instead of running a wire to the defroster switch, wire it to the free pin on your fuse box (circled below):

wiring it here will allow you to work the foglight switch as a direct toggle switch. now, you can push the switch, and your fogs will come on whether your headlights are on or not. you know when the switch is pushed in, your fogs only come on when your headlights are on, and even then, they are only on when your low beams are on. wire it here, you will thank me in the morning.
Yes wire it to the fuse box, but I recommend installing an inline fuse in the wire that you can buy at your local autoparts store. I believe it is a 7.5 amp fuse and I would keep it at that!

Good luck!

Mister_Perkins

Oil Field Worker
I'm Trying said:
Yes wire it to the fuse box, but I recommend installing an inline fuse in the wire that you can buy at your local autoparts store. I believe it is a 7.5 amp fuse and I would keep it at that!

Good luck!
alright.. i'll wire it up to the fuse box this weekend. I'll let everyone know how it turns out too.

I'm Trying

Mister_Perkins said:
alright.. i'll wire it up to the fuse box this weekend. I'll let everyone know how it turns out too.
and of course disconnect your negative cable on your battery so you don't do any electrical welding, and let the smoke out the wiring. :shock:

Mister_Perkins

Oil Field Worker
hondagod_666 said:

Okay.. I've wired the foglights like suggested. Instead of the 7.5A fuse, i went with a 10A fuse. But i have it all ran. I came into a bit of trouble though.

isnt the foglights supposed to turn on whenever you push the button in? I have to turn my lights on still just to get the foglights to turn on? Well, at least i only have to turn my low beams on. It looks clean, but i'de like to just be able to turn my foglights on without turning the light switch period.

I'm Trying

Mister_Perkins said:
Okay.. I've wired the foglights like suggested. Instead of the 7.5A fuse, i went with a 10A fuse. But i have it all ran. I came into a bit of trouble though.

isnt the foglights supposed to turn on whenever you push the button in? I have to turn my lights on still just to get the foglights to turn on? Well, at least i only have to turn my low beams on. It looks clean, but i'de like to just be able to turn my foglights on without turning the light switch period.
You either...
A) Cut the wrong wire when you ran it to the fuse block
or
B) Ran it to the wrong spot that isn't wired on Accessory.

Do you have a test light??

omgherb

93 Rs Looking ITs best
i did it ran it to its own switch my fog light now run off of 2 switches i striped the wire so that its still going to its normal location and just add a extra power line going in2 it so there for i can still use my foglight switch but also have it on as my day time running light

Mister_Perkins

Oil Field Worker
i wired everything like its supposed to be wired. I think i might try running it to fuse # 13, because im pretty sure that that fuse is constantly powered. I cut the red / yellow striped wire, connected it to wiring, ran it through the dash, connected a 10A fuse block, connected a plug on the end and plugged it into the spot that was circled.

When i pressed the foglight button.. Nothing. I turned my lights to the markers (one click) and my foglights turned on. Which isnt a bad thing, because at least they turn on without the headlights now, but i want the ability to just press the button in and have the foglights turn on without turning the lights on at all. Any suggestions?

Mister_Perkins

Oil Field Worker
oh .. u know what.. i think u may have circled the wrong pin on that fuse panel. i think its supposed to be the one to the left of the one u circled?

image from G2 thread

I'm Trying

Mister_Perkins said:
oh .. u know what.. i think u may have circled the wrong pin on that fuse panel. i think its supposed to be the one to the left of the one u circled?

image from G2 thread
Like I stated before, I recommend that you get a test light and testing each spot with the ignition key on accessory. Then when you find the right one, turn the key off and see if the light still lights up. Then thats the one you want to use!:D