91 GS issues

llewey

I just bought the 91 automatic GS from a family member thinking that it would be a great car to have. The car had been sitting for 4 months due to a bad alternator. I replaced the alternator and drove it home. While I was driving I noticed hesitation during acceleration after slowing down, almost sputtering and noticeable lack in power during acceleration.
The RPM's are hitting 3000 at 60mph also. I have had a few Hondas and none of them reached 3000rpm at 60mph.
OH the real puzzling question is that this thing DRINKS gas even after the tune-up. New NGK Irridium plugs, 8mm wires, distributor cap and button.

I am not a grade A mechanic but not a shade tree either. I just don't know where to start. There could be a whole lot of things that could cause these problems but, I would like to narrow it down so I don't throw money at the wrong area. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. :???:

llewey

The tranny doesn't seem to be slipping that I know of. Then again all of my cars have been manuals so, maybe the tranny is slipping and just didn't know it. I will check into it.

throw those iridium plugs in the trash and put the factory recommended ngk's back in to start

llewey

Wasn't the tranny. Went with origional plugs. Still has loss of power. May have a burnt/ stuck valve. Any other suggestions?