91 Integra won't start

robbiediezel

I have a 91 integra B18a1 it was running fine for about the last two months. the other day i went to start it and it cranks, but wont start. I checked fuel it was getting fuel. I checkeed spark and replaced the coil. I also checked for compression and it had good suction. Any one have any other suggestions?

da91teg

Check your ecm fuses or your fuel filter. Also check your timing belt maybe it jump a tooth or two.

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
if you replaced the coil, you may have gotten a bunk replacement coil. Sounds to me like that may be the case I have gotten more than 1 coil that was bad right out of the box from oreilly's & know of others who have gotten them bad out of the box from autozone as well...

long run I ended up just buying a new distributor with a lifetime warranty and wrote off all my ignition problems. what with all the time I spent on coil replacements I would have saved more money just replacing the distributor in the first place versus all the hours spent pulling bad coil after bad coil.

If you are hellbent on trying coils I suggest you take a digital multimeter with you to the parts stire and doing resistance checks before you even take the coil home.

google integra coil test and you will easily find the exact specs you should be looking for.

robbiediezel

thank you guys.. i think my coil is good i bought a spark tester and it was getting spark. today im going to tae the valve cover off and check the timing belt. how woul di be able to tell if it had skipped a tooth or not?

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
thank you guys.. i think my coil is good i bought a spark tester and it was getting spark. today im going to tae the valve cover off and check the timing belt. how woul di be able to tell if it had skipped a tooth or not?
the timing gears ( that the belt goes around ) have marks on them to indicate whether they are lined up correctly. each one has the word "UP" with an arrow... with both arrows pointing straight up you will see 2 more marks that should line up at 3 oclock for the left gear & 9 oclock on the right gear.
if you skipped a tooth they will be slightly off.