91 RS Troubleshoot. My ride wont start.

Bleether

Alright guys, i could use some advice on this problem. Here is the break down on my situation. I plug the key in i all the lights are good, and i can hear the fuel pump priming. The car will start, but when it gets warm it seems like the gas is getting cut off, and the vehicle turns off.

I have had the following things changed.

Things that have been replaced:
Fuel Pump.
Fuel Filter.
Main Relay
Ignition Control module

I just recently changed the Ignition Control Module, and i thought that fixed it. I drove my care around for about an hour, and the random shutting off stopped. I left my car idling, turned it on and of a few times everything seemed ok. I come back an hour later to start my car... it wont turn on.

I am stumped on what is going on here. Any ideas ?

Bleether

Well it is definitely getting spark. My car just randomly started up once again.

JobotDestroy

Resident thug
Well it is definitely getting spark. My car just randomly started up once again.
Diagnosis it stop throwing parts at it. Start with the simple things is the battery at the proper voltage? Are the terminals tight? What's the condition.of the cap and rotor? How do the spark plugs look? The plugs will tell you if it's a fuel issue. Check spark, fuel, and, compression. You need these 3 for your engine to fun. Check to see if the coolant temp sensor is working correctly. Buddy of mine had this issue when his car was warmed up. You cannot rule anything out if you do not diagnose the problem. If all these things are fine you can start looking things like the ecu

Bleether

Diagnosis it stop throwing parts at it. Start with the simple things is the battery at the proper voltage? Are the terminals tight? What's the condition.of the cap and rotor? How do the spark plugs look? The plugs will tell you if it's a fuel issue. Check spark, fuel, and, compression. You need these 3 for your engine to fun. Check to see if the coolant temp sensor is working correctly. Buddy of mine had this issue when his car was warmed up. You cannot rule anything out if you do not diagnose the problem. If all these things are fine you can start looking things like the ecu
Battery tested ok, and the terminals are fine. I replaced the distributor cap and rotor last year when it went bad so its in good condition. Spark plugs are okay and i check for spark. I am not sure how to check for compression. I will have to look into how to check temp sensor, i have no idea how to do that.

i know it sounds like i was throwing parts at it, but fuel pump was out so that had to be replaced, filter was replaced during the same time. I tested the Main relay and ICM with a known working one.

I have been testing my car, and i have been able to replicate the problem with my car. I have just noticed when the car gets nice and warm, not overheating, the car shuts off. When i try to restart it i now noticed the fuel pump is not priming. When the car cools off for about an hour the fuel pump primes when the key has turned.

So in essence i have narrowed it down to hot car = shut down and no fuel pump priming. im confused