92 Integra GS-R (good pics)

jrhdominos

I've actually been thinking of saving up for an itr swap.....but the significance of having the b17 and the db2 chassis together is what makes the car valuable...but an ITR swap would be simple and fast...but then again I wouldn't be able to spray...so that's probably a dealbreaker.....ive also toyed around with sleeving and then boring it...bump up the displacement...but keep the rod to stroke ratio the same...ahh who knows...it wont be long before ill know what Im gonna do...im just in a brainstorm phase right this second.....but im thinking it shouldn't be hard to make a b17 put out ITR numbers...the torque from an ITR motor seems like the tough part...

hgocasca

level 77 troll
What's your budget? It's possible, but only if those pockets are deep

jrhdominos

Man once I get caught up on my bills, my budget is pretty fantastic....It will probably take me around 3 mths to save for a swap while doing other little things to my car along with maintaining my everyday bills. Just dont know if I want to swap or not...what do yall think?? B17 high comp rebuild or B18C ITR swap...both could probably be had for about the same price.

jrhdominos

So here is my build list so far
---Parts----
- Golden Eagle Sleeves bore to 84-85 mm
- Forged Pistons (not sure which brand)
- Crower I-beam Rods
- Honda Bearings/or ACL bearings (opinions are welcome)
- ARP Mains
- ARP Head Studs
- Supertech valvetrain
- Chromoly retainers
- CTR Cams
- ITR IM
- Moroso Oil Pan
- Adjustable Cam Gears (havent decided which brand)
- Exedy Stage 1 Clutch Kit
- 12.5 lb flywheel (havent decided which brand)
- Mishimoto cooling (radiator/slim fans/thermostat/hoses, etc)
- ITR Intake/icebox setup
- Misc dress up for engine bay
- All Gaskets/Seals etc.
- Hondata S300
- HKS Hi Power exhaust
- High End Header (affordable and I like the design)
- Quality high flow cat (havent decided which brand)
---Basically my plan is to build a b17 that revs to 9000 safely, but with a shit ton more torque and I also would like to be able to run a 100 shot occasionally, with absolutely no adverse side effects. I know the I-beam rods are probably overkill, but its good insurance as I like to always say. I will moving to Texas soon, so Im keeping the a/c. I wish the A/C lines in our DAs werent so ugly..the EGs and DCs have there's so nice and hidden, except right there on the radiator.so perhaps a custom a/c line??.Id like to switch to an 88-91 civic manual rack, and run the Quaife setup..we will see how that goes. I also plan on tucking the side harnesses, and picking up a Rywire engine harness down the road, it isnt mandatory. ITR Valve cover, carbon spark plug cover...etc. Well anyway thats me brainstorming again..Its nice to be in a stage where I dont have money to blow and I can think my build out and make sure I do the right thing the first time around.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Use a bigger cam, you'll max those out before 9k

jrhdominos

Use a bigger cam, you'll max those out before 9k
Hmmm..I heard those cams were good for 9000...I really want to go with OEM cams...so maybe I just wont push 9k..this isnt a "budget build" by no means....but I need to save money where I can.

jrhdominos

Okay guys..original fuel pump went out today...Im looking at a walbro 190lph...would this be overkill for my stock b16a???Id be looking run nitrous in the future so would this also be suffiecient for that???