92 LS Bent rear strut bar???

sportsma1539

92 LS Bent rear strut???

I am looking at buying a 92 integra ls. The guy hit a curb with the car and he claims that the rear strut is bent. Something is obviously bent in the rear because the top of the tire sticks out slightly. Could this be a really big deal or something that can be replaced pretty easily. What other problem could cause the top of the tire to bow out?? I dont really know a whole lot about rear suspensions on cars. Thanks

Last edited:

tilegend

pics would help out a lot... otherwise i could name all the parts in the rear suspension but that wouldn't help you out.

sportsma1539

not my car yet, so its not available for me to just conveniently take pics. I'm probably gonna take it to a friends house to put on a lift and check it out. What parts should I be looking at that could cause the top of the tire on the rear to point out?? What parts would make this fix really expensive and not worth it??

cmoney176

CMONEY176
trust the force luke!!!

lol, but on a serious note. the car is a 92. :D. its 17 years old . even if you have a straight body, no rust, and good running engine your are still going to have problems. if you are looking to past what is and look beyond to what it could be, which is the car you have dreamed about or a car that you have always wanted to show someone you can build. if this is your dream car them i say buy it fix it and tune it. iff this is not the car you can really put time and effort into to truly make it your own then save your money until you do find the car you are looking for. having a car, i mean a truly loved car is a passion. if you dont feel that passion with this car. then dont buy it. MY2 CENTS.:D:twisted:

sportsma1539

lol, but on a serious note. the car is a 92. :D. its 17 years old . even if you have a straight body, no rust, and good running engine your are still going to have problems. if you are looking to past what is and look beyond to what it could be, which is the car you have dreamed about or a car that you have always wanted to show someone you can build. if this is your dream car them i say buy it fix it and tune it. iff this is not the car you can really put time and effort into to truly make it your own then save your money until you do find the car you are looking for. having a car, i mean a truly loved car is a passion. if you dont feel that passion with this car. then dont buy it. MY2 CENTS.:D:twisted:

Its not about if I wanna put the time and money into fixing it.... I'm just wanting it to be fixable. I dont wanna be driving a car around where the alignment would never get straightened out. There are more problems than just the strut. It needs a new engine and a paint job. I was asking the question because I didnt wanna end up putting $2000 getting the car in good condition. I was asking a question and the answer I got was someone trying to give me a lesson on buying a car. Didnt need that. I'm just trying to get everything figured out so I can figure out if its worth it to me to buy the car or not. Thanks

acclude

cheap bastard
I'm just wanting it to be fixable............I was asking a question and the answer I got was someone trying to give me a lesson on buying a car...........I'm just trying to get everything figured out so I can figure out if its worth it to me to buy the car or not.
Damn man, didn't have to be an ass about it. It's just friendly advise. The car is fixable, it just depends on if you're willing to fix it and that mostly depends on how much you like the car. Very valid input related to your question and you shoot it down. :(

pics would help out a lot... otherwise i could name all the parts in the rear suspension but that wouldn't help you out.
There's your answer. It could be any part or multiple parts of the suspension.

sportsma1539

Damn man, didn't have to be an ass about it. It's just friendly advise. The car is fixable, it just depends on if you're willing to fix it and that mostly depends on how much you like the car. Very valid input related to your question and you shoot it down. :(

There's your answer. It could be any part or multiple parts of the suspension.

I'm not being an ass about it. Why do you think I asked the question in the first place??????????? TO FIGURE OUT IF ITS WORTH IT TO ME OR NOT!!!!! I was basically told the same thing that I'm trying to figure out for myself. I'm not gonna throw 2 grand into a 17 year old car. It just pisses me off when you come on a forum and they try to show up the newb. It doesn't matter what forum it is, thats just how people are on the internet.

acclude

cheap bastard
Damn bro, you're taking things a little too personal for a car forum! lol

If you want to know what's bent and an estimate to fix it, we need detailed pics of the damage. Otherwise it's just gonna be very general comments like what you've gotten so far. If you don't like the general comments, then make your threads contain more detials (like pictures) so that you you get the detailed replies that you're looking for instead of the general comments that you take as "showing up the newb".

sportsma1539

i know without someone looking at the car, there is no exact answer. I'm wanting a general answer. But so far, I havnt had anyone give me a general answer, Just take a picture. I just want an idea. Not a full diagnosis. Whats the worst that could be wrong with a tire that is slightly cambered out??? What is likely to be wrong??? I dont need an exact answer.

And no I'm not taking it too seriously. I just know what to expect when you first sign on to a forum. Its almost like noone wants to help the newb. If I came on here and my first post was "What kind of mods can I do to my car to gain HP?" Instead of someone answering the question and being done with it, they're gonna come up and say "use the search feature." I know some of you have an idea what could be wrong , but you just wanna give me a hard time about it and not give me an answer.

Oh and btw... The car is not mine yet and is located about 45 minutes away from my house. So I cant snap a pic. If it was in my driveway, you guys would have pics already.

Last edited:

jeepers94

93 Integra GS
When I first sign up for this forum, I never got shot down for being a noob. You just have to accept the advice they give you. If someone like tilegend says pics would help otherwise he could name all the parts in the rear suspension, he is only trying to help you out. Then I think cmoney was just trying to get you to open your eyes. If it is gonna cost a lot to fix the problem. Is the car really worth buying in the first place. You asked for advice and thats what you got. If you don't like they can't help it.

sportsma1539

no, i never once asked for any advice on buying the car. I asked what could be wrong with the rear suspension. I'm sure it can be narrowed down to a few parts, but once again another "answer" that doesn't tell me anything.

If i could get some pics, they would be on here. I guess I'm gonna go ahead and buy the car. Once I get it, Ill post some pics up. But unti then, I'm open for anyone to take a shot and tell me what they think could be wrong.

If it ends up being damaged beyond repar, I can get my $700 back out of the car anyways.

91whiteteg

if your not willing to deal with the hassle you think people are giving you or put that much into the car dont buy it!!! like people have been telling you it is a 17 year old car you are going to spend alot of time and money to mantain it so my .02 is dont get the car if you are not willing to spend the time and money on it.

acclude

cheap bastard
I don't know why I'm wasting my time typing this out.........

:nopics:

It could be any part of the rear suspension that's bent but pics are necessary to properly identify the messed up parts.

I'm assuming the camber of the wheel is messed up but again, without pics that's just a guess.

For camber to be messed up, it could be any one or combination (probably a combination) of the following parts:
lower or upper control arm
strut
wheel bearing
trailing arm
compensator arm
or even the brace/frame that these parts attach to.
Basically any part in the rear suspension.
Also, depending on what's bent, the rear sway bar could be bent as well.

Again, pictures would be needed to properly identify what's wrong.

If you don't like this reply, then there is nothing that can be done to help you.

If you post pics then we could narrow it down a lot more but that may also depend on your attitude :wak: