93 da9 Swap? Rebuild? Sell? Part out? Trade?

Jamesm803

Ok hey guys I have a 93 da9 teggy and I have been back and forth with the car trying to decide what to do.
Thought abt swapping it, selling, trading, rebuilding it idk. So I'm asking what you would do?

The car has a 93 b18a1 with roughly 200k miles. Car runs strong as hell. Motor wise it is bone stock all the way besides Megan headers. Tranny is a ys1 rebuilt with stage 3 clutch. Recently the timing tensioner went out and it's a bitxh getting too. Also the car needs 2 motor mounts, shift stabilizer bushings installed.
Body wise it is good now. When I received the car it was rattlecanned 3 times. I took all that off too og paint and primer and primed the body. 3 rust spots on the trunk I stopped. Has brand new half shalfs, driver side tie rod end and ball joint. Has crappy eBay coilovers. I put Ek seats in. Whole interior has been swapped from grey ivory to tan. Has aftermarket headlights and tails idk what brand. The car is tuned somewhat bc rev limiter is set at 6700k.

Now Im lost and don't know what to do. I wana take the motor out and rebuild it and put a b16 vtec head but never did nothing like that. Or I wana swap to a k series or any swap in general, but never did that before either. Then I wana sell it , or even trade it. Can't make my mind up. I have 1900 in the car.

So any advice will be very greatly appreciated. Or if u wana buy the car or trade it also lmk lol. Thanks guys!

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
well if you are going to sell it... unless you fins someone who knows DAs and values a swap job it is going to be a losing battle to put in work like that on it... you would end up parting it out or taking a loss... you have to always keep in mind TMV (True Market Value) on 2nd gen tegs tends to fluxuate betwee 1400 & 2k or so... most people looking to buy won't want to shell out much more than that.

if you plan to sell it and are comfortable replacing those few parts you need on your own that is your best option

If you choose to keep it the sky is the limit... do a swap... build it up.. then drive the piss out of it.

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Keep it, honda guys sell their cars way too fast, make it a commitment. As for the engine goes, if it runs well don't mess with it. Buy stuff that won't change if you do another b series swap for example exhaust. Then just collect parts for what you want to do. If it is a rebuild collect every part you need slowly over time then do it. I think you see what my opinion is, I understand a lot of people have different ones but this is where I'm coming from. Oh and make sure to get some legit suspension; ebay is super sketch.