93 GS ABS help?

93GSTeggy

Banned
i dont care about the saftey of it, unless my brakes wont work properly without them, they just feel like mush and dont work for shit with the abs, and i want to STOP when i smash the pedal.

slik92teg

yes you can unplug it, nothing will happen, your brakes will still work.... i took out the abs unit inside the car, all the wires going to it and going to the engine bay when i did my wire tuck and i dont have any problems at all, abs is useless if you aske me.

93GSTeggy

Banned
also, will i get the FULL braking effect, or will they still be mushy?

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
you will get the full braking effect...but you will have to pump your breaks yourself to try in stop...what abs does is that when the car senses slipping or skidding, the abs unit keeps pumping fluid into the break lines so that you dont have to do it...driving with abs and without abs are two very different experiences with driving

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
also, will i get the FULL braking effect, or will they still be mushy?
Your not going to get the full braking affect, your brakes feel like that because they most likely suck, disconnecting your abs control unit isn't going to do anything. Maybe if you do a non-abs conversion that will make a difference, as it will get rid of your abs pump and you can loose all the unnecessary lines running to your abs unit but just disconnecting it isn't going to do anything but make it not work.

Upgrade your pads, rotors, lines, and flush all the 15 year burnt fluid out and it should help get the feel back.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
Plus depending on how u drive if u don't have abs u will start to develope flat spots on ur tires...
are you kidding me? Non of my cars have had ABS and I've NEVER put flat spots in my tires.

Don't drive stupid. You're driving stupid if you have flat spots.

For the record: You'll get better "effect" if you don't have abs because it will stop the car faster.

93GSTeggy

Banned
i have to smash the pedal to the floor now to stop, at all, wheather its 25mpg or 80, i gotta slam it to slow down (i say slow down cuz it wont STOP stop)