93 integra, fully loaded WITH POOL!

Detman101

Da9 newbie
Dangit, now that I know what I need to do, there's nowhere dry to do it.
Can't use the garage at home cause there's too much stuff in it.
Maybe I can clear out enough space to back the rear end in under cover.

*sigh*

Dm

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
I bought mine from home depot, it took like two rolls and about 10 minutes. It was allof ten bucks for it all. I'll leave the pic for reference, I'm just paranoid so you don't see as many on facebook where people can easily find me haha. Let me know if you need help/a better explanation. Maybe I'll write a how to.

Detman101

Da9 newbie
Ok, well, I figured since I didn't have the foam weatherstrip and it's raining cats and dogs out...I'd search for the evil sunroof drain hose. Well, after taking everything out the trunk and removing the rear and rear left panel, I found it. Hiding under the antenna motor.

The thing was covered in crud and it was starting to rust in there from the constant moisture. I couldn't see any clogs in the line or anything so I pulled out the clear hose and poked a small screwdriver down the hole/fitting that goes into the metal of the car.
Nothing, no crud fell out the bottom and no resistance was encountered. I could see daylight from outside coming from the hole when I climbed into the trunk and got close to the hole/fitting. I cleaned it up as much as I could (with one of the wet rags from the trunk that were soaking up the water it spilled) and fit the rubber hose back inside the fitting. I then laid down about a quarter of a tube of sealant all around the fitting. Hopefully it will still cure in time before the next rainstorm.

If there's still rainwater in the trunk after this, then either the gasket sealant didn't hold or it IS the tail-light.

Oh yeah, the passenger-side footwell is still getting wet.
I'm gonna caulk that darn cowl up too once I get more caulk....and it stops raining again.

EDIT: Decided to use the gasket sealant
instead of the caulk...since I had some on-hand.

Just sealed up the left side of the front cowl. Hopefully this dry spell will last another hour or two so this gasket sealant can dry.
Though I have never seen what it's like when it's dry...hope it's not still sticky. If it's not hard by 3, I will have to wipe it off and start again with the right stuff.
I can see it now...I go out and have to use the windshield wipers and they spread that black goop all over the windshield...yeesh.

:palmface:

Labor of love...

Dm

Last edited:

Detman101

Da9 newbie
Ah damnit...
it just started raining cats and dogs again.
*sigh*

So much for fixing the windshield leak...

:smackself:

...but at least I'll get to find out if the trunk leak (sunroof drain tube) is fixed.

Dm

Last edited:

Detman101

Da9 newbie
UPDATE: The foam on the rear light fixed the trunk!!
However, the repair to the front cowl didn't go so well.
tore up most of the screws and couldn't bolt the lower cowl back right.
Passenger footwell leak is still there...*sigh*

But 1-out-of-2 is ok....I guess.

I'll have to buy the right parts and start again before this thing turns into a real funky rustbucket.

Dm

Detman101

Da9 newbie
It worked great! Out of all the info I've read over the past few weeks, you have been the most helpful Mitch.
Thank you!

Front cowl leak
Does anyone have any comments on why the lower cowl has to be bolted back when it's only supposed to cover the blower hole from getting water in it? I don't understand why just caulking up those damnable holes didn't work for me....

Could the water be coming in from somewhere else?
Every guide that I've seen promises that it's those two holes that leak water into the blower hole.

Argh, I just need to build my own cover for that blasted blower hole and ditch the stock lower cowl.

DOH! time to go dump out the bucket in the car.

=\
Dm

Last edited: