93 integra won't start

Bigalman

BrokenTalon27, there is no visible code on the dash. The only thing showing is an idiot light, check engine. After awhile with that light on, I'm talking 30 to 40 min. the light usually turns off, then you hear the fuel pump turn on, then you can start the car.

Prozon

Kris
Because the fuel pump does not prime right away my first thought would be, bad pump.
But then I think, maybe the pump is fine and there's just no power going to it, bad ECU?

To start I would test the wires going to the pump. See if it has power when you turn the key on.

Andrew93

Currently Building
yea sounds like something between the fuel pump, whether its from the ignition to the pump or from the pump the the injectors is what you need to check, just get a check light and check the wires to/from the ecu to see if it has power as soon as you turn it to on...which it obviously should

Prozon

Kris
I'd say just pull the rear seat and the panel covering the tank. Check to see if it has power right on at key.
It's probably a bad ignition.

There is a connector under the plastic of the passenger kick panel. Jump the connector with a paper clip, wire, etc.
Turn the key to the "On" position. Watch the CEL, count the blinks.