93 ls, hydraulic or cable system clutch?

Dtackett

So as I said I believe my clutch cable snapped. Problem is acura used both in the 93 integra. But what about In a ls. Any one provide pictures or a diagram to show me what to look for for each system.

Dtackett

Also may be helpful. I'm able to slide through gears, only pressure coming from petal is from the assist spring, I can start the car by pushing into the clutch petal, but has no effect on the car orther then the sensor allowing the starter to engage. If I slowly push the petal in and out I can feel a mild vibration in the petal.

JGvtec

BUMP ;)

Im sure you have a cable clutch.

Ill check acura oem

Check here. It will show a diagram when you click on the link.

Last edited:

Prozon

Kris
I did not think they even had hydraulic transmissions in '93s?
Are you sure?

I did however see a write up about changing the cable at one time, i'll try to find it for you.

So as I said I believe my clutch cable snapped. Problem is acura used both in the 93 integra. But what about In a ls. Any one provide pictures or a diagram to show me what to look for for each system.
They didn't offer hydraulic transmission in the G2 Integras, and in the US the 93 model was still a G2.
I don't know where you got that info from idea from.
I got a clutch cable from RockAuto.com. They are affordable and had it in stock. Good customer service as well.

Rich-PMS

Have someone press your clutch pedal and watch the lever on the trans and see if it's moving.

If so- then your problem lies at either the clutch fork, or the clutch itself.

Dtackett

Ok its a cable. Thanks guys. Now heres the downside. The cable is fine, the clutch works but the petal isn't controlling the clutch. I can slide through gears the cable is connected at both points with no breaks Inbetween. Wtf is wrong with my car lol

Are you sure it isn't snapped inside the sheathing? does the cable still move the arm sticking out of the transmission when the cable is depressed?

Have you tried adjusting the cable?

Dtackett

Are you sure it isn't snapped inside the sheathing? does the cable still move the arm sticking out of the transmission when the cable is depressed?

Have you tried adjusting the cable?
The cable pulls all the way. I think the fork needs replaced