'94 fog light wiring

redgsr

anyone know where the write up/harness diagram is for the jdm fogs? mine came with none

redgsr

thanks. i signed up but gotta wait 6 hours to post. wondering how i can wire it so the fogs work by themselves with the supplied harness

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
wire them to your headlights, that would probably be the easiest way if you want them to come on when your lights come on

redgsr

nah i meant i want them completely by themselves, have the switch turn it on and off whenever. without any other lights on.

Last edited:

white sedan

If you're using the factory harness, you can connect them to an ignition plug under the dash fuse box. I can't remember which plug but you can use a DVOM/DMM and test which one has 12V when is key on.

redgsr

i want it to have it's own power source is what i'm getting at.

i haven't attempted it yet but i've read through it and looks like will be helpful

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
give it a shot, if it doesn't help or something goes wrong, that's what were here for!! good luck with it though. I'm excited to see some before and after pictures as well

redgsr

thanks. well i just did my hids, didnt feel like waiting to do both at once, so this weekend im gonna do the fogs.

55w 6k kit and 55w 3k kit, might be a rally car lol

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
thanks Slo_Teggy for the link. this will come in handy when my switch finally comes in.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
im going to be attempting something similar around next summer, gonna try and wire up the high beams with an additional lower voltage circuit to the a/c button (on/off) for some low voltage DRL's without taking away the ability to still use them as high beams

still in the planning stages of how well, if at all, it will work