94 gsr shell

GottBoost

Just bought a 1994 gsr shell, this will be my first actual build with the help of 2 friends. We already have an engine and a transmission for it. Will go into further details later.

Engine:b18b2 from Australia, if you have nay info on this motor plz share.
Transmission b16 with a 5th lsd
Hasport motor mounts,
Obd1
Stage 3 clutch with 11lbs flywheel

Last edited:

GottBoost

Haha we thought about the b20 but just figured that with the low compression of the b18 it would be a better candidate for a turbo later on

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
The b18b2 os identical to tje b1 and most of the B20 models have a similar compression ratio to the b18 and some of the earlier b20s have 8.8:1 compression so really b20 to me would have been a better choice with the much bigger bore and stroke. More torquey of an engine for sure.

Oh and post pics lol thread in here is useless without pics =P

GottBoost

Thanks for the info bro. And I'll post pictures as soon as I figure out how to do it lol. Right now the build is at a stand still since I lost my job and I'm starting a new one this week.

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
All of us here know about builds going on stand still lol mine has too as well while I get body work done and a new paint job lol

phatintegra

Banned
The b18b2 os identical to tje b1 and most of the B20 models have a similar compression ratio to the b18 and some of the earlier b20s have 8.8:1 compression so really b20 to me would have been a better choice with the much bigger bore and stroke. More torquey of an engine for sure.

Oh and post pics lol thread in here is useless without pics =P
Clarification
The B20 cylinder wall is much thicker, then on the B18 and the B20 uses larger piston then the B18. The B20 would be better to boost unless you get the B18 Sleeve and then that's just more $$$$$ if your going high PSI.

B18B2 : 1834cc DOHC (non-VTEC) 172Nm@5200 101kw@6300

Last edited:

98DC2GSR

98DC2GSR
Clarification
The B20 cylinder wall is much thicker, then on the B18 and the B20 uses larger piston then the B18. The B20 would be better to boost unless you get the B18 Sleeve and then that's just more $$$$$ if your going high PSI.
Yeah 84mm pistons, that's what I meant about it has a bigger bore pistons are gonna be bigger.