94 integra fog lights questions

steven37

ok so i some fog lights and hooked em on it took me forever. problem was i had 2 wire under the dash that had the little lobster hand things. one was black which was ground and the other was red which is where it got the power from. i plugged the red one into one of the slots where a fuse goes fuse 17 to be exact. 17 is only used in canada for daylight control.

so my question is should i keep the red power cable there in slot 17(cananda only) or should i use a slot that isnt being used at all?

DC4GoFast

i have a car problem
The correct way is to plug a connector into the empty slot right on top of fuse 17, you should 5 spots where you can plug into all in a row. you want to the get a plug and put in the 3rd one from the left. That will provide power when you turn the key to the "on" Position.

Blue95gsr

That car you smoked!
Or you can rig it like I did. The fog light kit that I bought didnt come with the plug to the fuse box. So i just ran the ground to body, and the power all the way into the cabin. When it came into the cabin, I put it to a 3 prong switch that was where the original owner had a valet switch installed. So I can turn them on and off as needed, but the problem is that if I forget to turn them off, there goes my battery. BUT.....I always walk in front of my car to x2 check.