94 Integra won't crank!

Evan_Almighty

Super BA
Ok so i have a 94 Integra, Ive been reading several other peoples forums and i just dont see the same problem i am having.

One day I got to work and I turned my car off, then herd a constant clicking sound. hard to describe, not like click...click...click, more like clickclickclickclickclick x3

didnt have time to really look at it due to having to get into work, so i came out at break and I see my dash lights and my rear lights are on. (possibly amber lights too, didnt check)
Car is dead.

I jump it and it works fine. next day same thing, dead car, push started it. turned right on.

then the last time i went to jump it, I unplugged the battery to clean off the terminals, and when i put it back on i noticed my alarm's (which never previously worked before) light is blinking. then it turned right on. ?!?!

I dont know what it is. I turn the key have power, hear the fuel pump turn over and everything. just when i turn to turn on the car i get nothing and here just a few clicks. anybody have any ideas?

All suggestions would be very VERY much appreciated.

dak

my idea: car low on battery, hence the push starting. When you put keys in ignition the electricity makes the click noise. Happened to my horn when my car was near dead.

zack11122

Same happened on my 98 LS with a b20 swap. Tested all my connections and it came out to be a starter. How many miles on the car? I picked up a rebuild kit for 14 dollars from rockauto. Theres a DIY on either here or honda tech I think. Real good one with pics. Look up starter rebuild on google.

EDIT: Have your battery tested at walmart. Also you can bench test your starter to see if that is the cause.

Last edited:

Evan_Almighty

Super BA
Theres about 189,xxx on it, that was my next step. Any other ideas to what it could be? and what about my alarm? maybe just a fluke that my alarm turned back on maybe?

osiris19

First step would be to check the alarm, considering you said it won't engage the starter motor at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Evan_Almighty

Super BA
I did get the battery checked, its good. Next is the starter. Decided to take it to the acura dealership just in case if its the alarm, cause im sure they are the only ones who will touch it. Still if any other suggestions will be very much appreciated.

and yea starter motor, hear fuel pump but no start. so i could check that,.

Evan_Almighty

Super BA
I am going to take it to a machanic who has worked on my roomates em1. so far for this guy doing his whole suspension I trust him big time. lol