94 Ls Overheating !

justintime1207

I have a 94 Ls and latley its been overheating. The weird thing is that it only overheats when im sitting still, when im driving it's fine, normal temp. If its sits for about 5 min it will slowly start to rise and go to H. I checked the coolant reservoir and its fine i then took off the radiator cap and it looks fine it boiled a little bit. I dont really kno havent replaced the thermostat yet. Any opinions

nicoalex2

that was happing to me and it ended up being a blown headgasket. Im not sure if you have the same problem, but its something to look into

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
check your upper and lower radiator hoses, and you could have a stuck open thermostat.
Being stuck open wouldn't cause it to run hot. It could be stuck closed. Also, check to make sure your radiator fans are working.

dc2b18

Wait... What?
Head gasket?? Really? I'm almost positive it's your fan. When you're driving the the air hitting the radiator keeps it cool but when you're stopped there's no air flowing. Check the fan relay.

amaestre32

Being stuck open wouldn't cause it to run hot. It could be stuck closed. Also, check to make sure your radiator fans are working.
yeah my bad i was thinking closed but typed open, my brother had that problem when he got his teg and he just replaced the thermostat and it was fine.

Spody02

Name: Cody
have you let it get all the way to "H" if so you might have warped your block or head and messed up alot more