94 teg bogging while accelerating 1-3kRPM... not sure what's wrong?

scoobzz

my 94 integra ls bogs when accelerating but after about 3 grand it accelerates great im not sure if its my cat clogged up or my fuel filter im not sure but the bogging is only when accelerating 1-3k RPMS then its fine.. another thing last night after a drive i turned the car off then tryed to start it again and it died but then started agian and idoled fine im not sure what the problem is can anyone help?

j13

Keep It Clean
Welcome man.

Change the fuel filter and put a fuel injector cleaner, maybe that will get everything ok.

Is your car auto or stick

j13

Keep It Clean
Check the link in my sig

scoobzz

looks nice man so do you think its forsure my fuel filter and i need to get that fuel injector cleaner

j13

Keep It Clean
Well to be honest, I'm not 100% sure its the filter or the injectors. BUT those are possibilitys, a clogged fuel filter will make you push harder on the gas to get the car up to speed, making you use more fuel also.Fuel injectors that are clogged and spray uneven will give a loss of power and a slower throttle responce.

It might not cure your problem but it isn't bad to try.

Another thing it could be is a clogged Catylatic convertor. Or a very dirty air filter.

Their is a way that "I" check fuel filters but idk if you would want to check if its clogged. The way its done is take off the filter, pour out all the fuel, sit it out in the sun and make sure its dry. Use your mouth to blow in the inlet of the filter, and if your cheeks puff up and its a little hard to get air thru, it is clogged. If you can get air in the filter without your cheeks puffing than it is fine.

scoobzz

yeah i looked at my plug wires there old looking so i bought a ngk full tune up kit its got everything i need so hopefully it helps

Black 95 GSR

Just had the same problem on my GSR. Turned out to be the O2 sensor on the converter had came unplugged. Once I plugged it back in the problem was fixed.

j13

Keep It Clean
Just had the same problem on my GSR. Turned out to be the O2 sensor on the converter had came unplugged. Once I plugged it back in the problem was fixed.
The secondary O2 does very little for your engine. It really just monitors the functionality of your catylatic convertor. The ECU relies on the primary O2 for its adjustments.

Hey scoobzz, do you have a CEL on?

scoobzz

yeah ive heard alot of people get this problem but na my cel isnt on where u from j13 we should run em lol my teg is all stock ecept i did my own custom straight pipe that sounds amazing not ricey but friday im gettin a aem intake for 30 bucks that ngk tune up and im puttin injector cleaner in it i bet its gonna run a lot better i was wondering what the best ecu/chipped ecu would be the best for my car its not built at all just gonna have a full exhaust and intake the bitch is quick stock tho im bout to put some pics of it up its clean

scoobzz

this is what it looks like now within the next month or so im puttin skunk 2 lowering springs on and ill put a pic up of the engine after i do the tune up

j13

Keep It Clean
Looks proper!!! It will look x100 better dropped.

What's the name of color? Is it custom?