94 teg ls overheats

Lucky801

Does anyone know why or what I need to do? I just purchased 1994 acura integra ls but when it warms up and sits, it starts to over heat on the temp gauge. I replaced they coolant censor and still doesnt kick on. The fans actually work so its not bad fans. I tried to see if the fan relay needed to be replaced but someone peeled the sticker off so I dont know what to actually look for.. Can anyone help me? Its driving me crazy.. I cant even find a Diagram online for it...SIGH!!!:shock:

DC2-98

sounds like either a thermostat or coolant problem...might need to bleed the air bubbles out..check see if your lower radiator hose is cold and your upper radiator hose is hot....if both is hot then you need a new thermostat....i would start from there...

michvinmar

overheating could also be a sign that the cylinders or the valves have suffered some distortion from past abuse (low oil, loss of coolant, bad thermostat or overheating of that sort). Get it checked out.

mirrorimg

overheating could also be a sign that the cylinders or the valves have suffered some distortion from past abuse (low oil, loss of coolant, bad thermostat or overheating of that sort). Get it checked out.
Overheating is a sign there is an issue with the cooling system. It can Cause warpage, but is not a sign of it. You could overheat the engine, warp the head, then not be able to have the headgasket seal properly without getting the head milled and block decked, but overheating is not a sign of there being an issue with the valves/cylinders having anything wrong with them.

yeah I cant tell if u r saying the fans do kick on or they dont?

if they dont u may just need a new fan switch (its in the radiator)

MehMean

bleeding the system would be the easiest thing to do, start from there make sure u use distilled water not tap water if Ur gonna do the 50/50 mix yourself

Mishimoto

Product Manufacturer
The fan switch should be on the thermostat housing I believe.

Make sure the fans are working properly first. Then, try to bleed any bubbles in the system.

If it (the problem) still persists, I would then look to replace your thermostat.