95 GSR, AEM SRI install help?

SRLNCLT

I bought a AEM Short Ram for my 95 gsr. I can't get it to fit any way I try. The ABS is wires/tubes are in the way. Any suggestions?

mteg

Automatic Lover
Make sure that the one yoy bout isn't for the GS/LS. if thats the case, it won't fit.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
You might want to check and make sure it is the correct intake. I put an AEM SRI on my 96 GSR and it fit right on and took like 10 minutes

mteg

Automatic Lover
The gsr has a different style intake manifold-I suspect you have an intake for the gs/ls. You could use it but you would need ot swap your intake for a skunk2 or a blox (or something similar). This would require tuning to keep your car from leaning out. I'm guessing this intake was not new.

SRLNCLT

It would fit it's just that the tubing for the abs is in the way of the spot I need to put the rubber mount. I know it's not the one for the rs,ls,gs cuz that's how my 92 looks. This has the right bend to got down to the manifold. It's just that the tubes are in the way. And it doesn't look like they have one that is for abs or non-abs.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
pics! it'll totally help if you want it to be resolved.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
SRLNCLT said:
It would fit it's just that the tubing for the abs is in the way of the spot I need to put the rubber mount. I know it's not the one for the rs,ls,gs cuz that's how my 92 looks. This has the right bend to got down to the manifold. It's just that the tubes are in the way. And it doesn't look like they have one that is for abs or non-abs.
That just doesn't seem right. I had the SRI on my GSR with ABS and there were no interference issues at all. Post pics!

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
The bracket should clear the lines easily and connect to this bracket via the rubber mount kinda like the green circle drawn in this pic. You can clearly see there is plenty of room. Is your's not like this?

You can see on this pic how SRI's easily clear the ABS lines. Of course this one doesn't have the same brackets as the AEM but you can see where it goes and that there is plenty of room for it

mteg

Automatic Lover
The first pic has a skunk 2 intake manifold and the second pic is an ls. Its that GSR dual stage manifold thats screwing you over. My friend had that problem with his. First, he tried using an ls coa on his gsr and it wouldnt fit. Then when he added a skunk 2 intake manifold, his gsr intake would no longer fit. I think the Throttle body on the gsr manifold sits a little higher than the ls. A pic of a bone stock gsr would be nice.

SRLNCLT

I'm at work right now so I can't see pics :( So, am I mounting to the actual fender wall or where the bracket is that is holding the black box? I put the intake back together and will probably look at it again tonight. Hey, if you could email me the pics that would work. I'm really just needing a pic of the hole for the mounting bracket. srlnclt@hotmail.com
THANKS!!!

SRLNCLT

Just to make sure I have the right intake, it came with an extra tube to reroute a radiator hose. I don't know if that really matters though cuz the same thing may need to be done with the rs/ls/gs.