95 GSR Jackson Racing Supercharger build thread

sargeek1975

finally
Started her up Sunday night; ran like ass because I still haven't found the proper size belt I need for the SC. Started it to look for any coolant leaks and just to make sure I didn't screw anything up. Found one coolant leak and fixed it.

I (hopefully) have the proper belt size now...............so she should be done in the next couple days. Just gotta get all the belts back on, exhaust on and put the tires back on her..................

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
^x2.

Glad to see it runs sorta. I can't believe i missed most of this build.... :(

Just take a sharpie to the "superchargers" part of the S/C in case you get pulled over by an Officer :lol:

sargeek1975

finally
I'm not cleaning crap! I want it to run....................LOL

acclude

cheap bastard
Sweet! What the issues with the belt.? I wanna see this thing running! VIDS required in the near future ;)

House Special

I'll KICK YA FUCKIN AASS!
damn I'm interested. I have a DC sports header and it's served me well so far but I am looking for another.

sargeek1975

finally
Here's the update:

After getting to the final step of putting the belts back on, I notice that the SC and crank pulleys are lining up; but the double pulley on the alt isn't. It was about 1/4" off. Enough to let me know something wasn't right and I would just shred belts.

So; I was so disgusted at reaching the LAST step and getting stopped AGAIN..........adding that to the fact I've been driving my F150 to and from work at about 13mpg.......I put the stock intake manifold back on so I could at least get some better gas mileage.

Finally got a day off today so I called Jackson Racing out in Cali to see if they could help me. I was assuming the alt bracket I had was wrong...........not even thinking the double pulley on the alt could have been wrong.

Long story longer..........Keith helped me out and didn't even seem to care I bought the kit used. Told me I prolly had the wrong pulley as the GSR alt pulley is the one that is different: all the B16 motors and the Type R GSR motor use the same one which is different. The guy knew his shit and I can't say enough good things about the way I was treated! Classy company!

They even have a warehouse in Richmond that had it in stock.....so I should have the part by Friday at the latest and ready to tear it down and put it back together again this weekend. I tell ya; with all the practice I've had, I bet I could get it done in under two hours start to finish!

db_r

!ocsic
More updates! lol ..running this on stock motor? i plan on S/C once i get a second job.
I believe he is... My motor is stock with 7PSI... No real problems so far (knock on wood), except for the o2 sensor needing replacement... Heading to Scranton PA on Friday for HIN!:)