95 GSR Jackson Racing Supercharger build thread

sargeek1975

finally
So; it's taken me allot longer than expected for a few reasons..............but I'm almost there.

Finally got it mounted and bolted. Had to try puting it in place a few different times because it such a tight fit!!! I mean; wow. Finally got everything arranged so it would fit in there without damaging/pinching anything....or so we thought.

Broke the PCV fitting on the first try.......thought about just not using one; but it seems like there is room now so I'll get one and throw it on. And the main coolant line is STILL being pinched; mainly because it's a cheap line. Gotta figure out how to keep it from pinching at the bend below the sc.

Still a little odds and ends..........but at least it's on.

CAI came in; in the process of taking out the stock airbox.

Got my tires mounted on the Slips.......I gotta say; the center caps they come with are just teh gay!!!!

Exhaust is completely off (and for sale....heh heh heh) and just waiting to get it together to get my muffler and exhaust installed.

Spare motors anyone????????

And the header is on.

Little by little she's getting there.................

Last edited:

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Sexiness! It looks so sick dude. Aside from the actual supercharger itself, what else did you have to put on? Did you have to put on new pulleys or do some new plumbing? Thinking about attempting the install myself over the summer cuz I don't wanna pay $900 for a shop to do it lol.

acclude

cheap bastard
probably because it looks like he was still running the stock intake in the first pic so the CAI is a better choice

JasperDA9

ahh DC header for the junkzors. i'd rather have an JDM ITR header before that. hell a 300 dollar hytech replica would have been the best choice.

acclude

cheap bastard
ahh DC header for the junkzors. i'd rather have an JDM ITR header before that. hell a 300 dollar hytech replica would have been the best choice.
eh, they're not that bad. I have the DC with the 4-1 and 2.5" collector and it's decent. Sure there's better options, but for a budget build it's much better than some other choices like the generic ebay headers out there.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
DC is ok for a budge, but my 4-1 bottomed out like mad when I had it on lol. It will still give you better power thank stock with that S/C

sargeek1975

finally
Sexiness! It looks so sick dude. Aside from the actual supercharger itself, what else did you have to put on? Did you have to put on new pulleys or do some new plumbing? Thinking about attempting the install myself over the summer cuz I don't wanna pay $900 for a shop to do it lol.
If you buy the kit new it will come with everything you need...................the install isn't really that tough; I just don't have the time all at once to just get it done. Plus with having bought the SC used I'm having to run back and forth to the parts store for little crap; like hoses and such.

The only pulley you change is the alternator; everything else is stock.

.............BUT: if you can find a shop to install one for 900 bucks; that might be worth thinking about.