95 GSR No Start Nightmare

dogvi

Hello,
The cars power would die and come back while driving until it stopped completely.
First checked for a clogged filter which it was clogged, after change gas shot out very far and then the gas stopped flowing all together. So I changed the fuel Pump. Then it Did not turn on due to no voltage to the fuel pump. The fuel pump was externally turned on just to see if car would start. It still didn't so today I just replaced the main Relay hoping that was the answer and its still not turning on.

All the 15 amp fuses are working,
A relay clicks under the hood as well.
Anyone have an answer? All input is appreciated tremendously

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
does the fuel pump turn on when you turn the key? im guessing no since you said you had problems with it

also what shape are your injectors in? and what about a spark at the plug?

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Wtf are you talking about? There is no ignition switch in the distributor. To the op, do you hear the fuel pump turn on when you put the ignition in the "on" position?

killaberna

Wtf are you talking about? There is no ignition switch in the distributor. To the op, do you hear the fuel pump turn on when you put the ignition in the "on" position?
sorry i like to give parts my own nickname sometimes, i couldnt remember what it was called but since you called me out on it i have to do this:

this is a ICM (ignition control module) You should check it they go out randomly, trust. Mine went out without no sign. One day i woke up and my car wouldnt start but I could tell that it wasnt my starter so i checked this and problem solved..but since your problem occurred when you were missing with the fuel IDK> not an expert.

seahtech

When you cycle the key to the 'on' position can you hear the fuel pump prime?
If yes, move down
If no, troubleshoot that, check for power especially since you said you already replaced it. If you are certain you have power to the fuel pump with the key in the 'on' position your fuel pump is bad since they are grounded internally.

If power is lost while driving check the ignition switch. The easiest way to do this is turn the key to the 'on' position and wiggle and jiggle that MF'er up down back and forth etc and see if the power to the gauge cluster and radio cuts out. If it does you know that the switch is bad. ******This happens all the time on our vehicles. I probably see someone replacing one once a week at work*****

If you have a no start and your sure your getting fuel you need to check for spark. Take one of the plug wires out and stick a screw driver in it. Set the metal end of the screwdriver close to/on one of your valve cover bolts and have someone crank over the engine while you check to see if there is an electrical arch against the bolt. If you do not have spark your distributor has failed. Most likely the ignitor but I recommend and prefer to replace the whole assembly at one time.

If none of this fixes it and your sure you've done those tests correctly get back to me and I will walk you through more technical diag.

master_tech

im sorry but this is a pic of a ignition coil, not a ICM (ignition control module)

something to know ..

dogvi ~ do you have spark while cranking the engine?