95 GSR with B18A1

Mustk1ll20

have a 95 gsr with a b18a1 im having a slight hesitation between 1500 around 2200 rpm at about 1/4 to half throttle. wot it does fine.

this is my brothers car. he brought it to me because it wasnt running right. he had timing belt, water pump, and pullies replaced not long ago. so first thing i checked was timing. cam timing was off on intake and exhaust by 1 tooth. i lined up the crank on the white mark and lined up the cam timing marks even with the head. i checked ignition timing and it was slightly off so i fixed that as well.

after all that it does run a lot better but theres still that slight miss when not going WOT. im not sure what direction to go next. could timing being off foul the plugs? i havent pulled those yet.

i also noticed it has the wrong dizzy but my brother said it ran fine before the timing belt was done. im guessing the dizzy is from the b18c that was in it. only the top bolt hole lines up so theres one bolt hold the dizzy in place. plugs for it do match though. i checked to see if the ECU had any codes and the only thing that came up was code 17 which is the VSS sensor. not sure if that can affect anything with the hesitation or not.

any help is appreciated

Mustk1ll20

AHHH that reminds me! lol. i replaced that for him awhile back because the tabs on the old one were broken. i couldnt get my meter to stay at a steady reading to adjust it. im gonna pick up a new meter and try to adjust it again. i drove the car again and it seems to bog down when trying to get going from a stop. i decided to launch it from 2500 rpms and it did great. will that TPS cause it to bog down? like i said im gonna get another meter and make sure its in spec just to make sure. thanks for the reply

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
Definitely sounds like it could be related to the TPS.
My TPS came unplugged once because of a broken connector.
This is how my car ran with no TPS, not an uncalibrated sensor.
The car would drive fine at constant throttle, once the clutch was pushed in the car would bog down and run rough until the idle would jump to about 2000rpm a few seconds later.
Low rpm starts would cause bogging and hesitation, but over 2000-2500 rpm it was fine.
Throttle response was very poor.

I was entering a metropark on my way to a meet when it happened and I babied the car the mile or so until I got there.

Mustk1ll20

well checked the TPS and it was reading 30v closed. didnt even know that was possible lol. soooo set it to 0.5v closed and 4.5v open. the bog is a lot less but still there. almost feels like a miss fire at this point. i tried pulling codes again but the only one that comes up is 17 for vehicle speeed sensor.

i noticed on the last test drive that it revs out fine just bogs under load. starting to think this car just doesnt want to run.

Mustk1ll20

white mark on crank pulley is lined up with the timing mark on the belt cover. cam marks are level with the head. ignition timing is on the middle of the 3 dots on the crank pulley. im gonna check it ignition timing again later tonight and make sure its still in place

Mustk1ll20

lol i have a timing light. any possibility that fouled plugs would cause this? sot sure of what else i could check out on this thing

96LSteg

Jemel
lol i have a timing light. any possibility that fouled plugs would cause this? sot sure of what else i could check out on this thing

It wouldn't hurt to check the plugs. I would also check valve lash. Hell I would also compression test the motor while the plugs are out.

Sent From Cyber Space