95 GSR with ls motor

inteeegraaaaaa

Ok so here is the deal. I just sold my gas guzzler of a truck and used the money i made to buy my friends 95 gsr. The person he bought the car from a year ago was an ase certified mechanic and maintained the car very well. Now the odd part. Close to 2 years ago the original motor blew and at the time he didnt have the cash to rebuild or buy another b18c but he had a parts car ls with a running motor. the ls is currently burning a little oil but not enough to notice smoke accept around 6k rpm. Basically i am just wondering what would be required to swap in a gsr motor, i cant seem to find any loose connectors under the hood so i dont even know if it still has hookups for vtec or not. also would it just make more sense to do ls/vtec in this case? thanks for the help in advance, i dont know alot about these motors, i have always had v8s for fun and my hondas have been gas savers, but now i am looking to have fun and save gas.

inteeegraaaaaa

yes my goal is to throw some boost at it, i am not looking to go crazy maybe around 300hp. so just rebuilding this motor would be my best bet for the price?

inteeegraaaaaa

um, i am in a small town till after xmas so i cant really go out and run it. but i know when the dash reads 110mph the tack is at about 5500. but my gps tells me im only doing 103mph. i dont know if that helps or not. if not i will be headed home to vegas after x-mas.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
just boost the ls, it has more compression, thats what i did! :)
to get to 300hp ur gonna need to build it up alittle though