95 integra brake lights problem

JrTeg86

My brake lights arent coming on all the time, only working sometimes any ideas? Need help!!

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
doesnt look like it, i have not done that before but i have changed my pedal assemblies and it looks really easy

lhd dc2

Taffeta White
Your problem should be that switch above the pedal. Replacing it shouldnt be hard at all.

Blakexvx

removing it takes like 5 minutes or less. it's just a odd angle but you can just loosen the nut off the bolt and it comes right out.
I had to change one in my last car, went to the junkyard and got one for free. (pocketed)

grayghost

removing it takes like 5 minutes or less. it's just a odd angle but you can just loosen the nut off the bolt and it comes right out.
I had to change one in my last car, went to the junkyard and got one for free. (pocketed)
Translate "pocketed". I think I know but I don't want to hurt your feelings.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
he took it off the car and put it in his pocket, i highly doubt that a junkyard would give anything away.

grayghost

he took it off the car and put it in his pocket, i highly doubt that a junkyard would give anything away.
That's what I thought 'pocketed' meant. But I didn't want to call someone a low down miserable theif based on just my interpretation. Even worse is someone who is a low down miserable theif and is so stupid that they brag about it.

If someone woudl steal cheap parts, would you trust them to not steal your Integra if they had the opportunity and thought they could get away with it?

Black teg

Catch me if you can
I would more then likely say check the wiring on the tail lights. The cars love to leak water between the lights and the body and it fucks up the harness and the light sockets. I had to change my GFs harnesses on her teg because the sockets where all full of rust and corrosion and the lights where dim.

I have also had to change the harness on a few other tegs when I used to work at Acura because the lights would not work because the harness wires had corrosion. I would take a look at the harness because that's big problem with these cars. The tail light gasket just does not do it's job after many years.

912fourtysx

if it is the switch its easy to replace as long as you dont have the one shot. example my tahoe you remove the nut unplug the old switch. plug the new one in hold the brake pedal down while installing, once its completely tight and ready for use release the pedal. basically saying that if you push the pin into the switch the pedal has to come to that position otherwise it will not work and you get to try it again with a new one.....