95 integra gsr weak untill 5500 rpm

95TEGSIR

hey guy i gotta question. my teg is a ls with a gsr swap with a ls harness with vtec wired in. i know my butterflies are not hooked up. but why is my teg so weak untill around 6k. its got a dc header full exhaust aem intake. any help would be appreicated

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
If your butterflies are not hooked up meaning they were disabled, then they are wide open all the time. That is why it feels sluggish/slow under 5750, which is where the butterflies normally open up and operates as normal. Get them hooked up.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
So he knows his IABs are disabled yet still questions why his low end sucks? Hmm, I wonder what it could be?

jbrown97ls

For a better explanation as to why it's sluggish, I suggest you look up "honda gsr intake butterflies" or something similar to see what the purpose of the IABs are in the first place.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Hey guys my top end is really slow. I know my VTEC solenoid is unplugged but I want to know why its so slow at 6k.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Flux capacitor is for the blinker fluid dick.

He would first have to know what the butterflies do besides look pretty and fuzzy all over. What's low end power? Where we're going.. we dont need low end power. To vtech!!