95 Integra LS restore thread.

72Spitfire

Hello all. Today I have registered on this forum for advice from others with a passion for Acura Integras. I purchased this car in 2002 for $1500. It had 163K drivetrain miles on it when I got it (now has 223K). The motor has junkyard pen markings on it and I'm unsure of the actual engine miles. I've not checked its exact number, but 95% sure its a B18B1 JDM motor. It has a Greddy Evo2 cat back exhaust, some busted down shocks and lowered springs and a cheapo cold air intake. I have simply fallen in love with this car over the years. It's fast enough for me, handles well and most importantly FUN to drive!
I'm not into buying some new car that I can't work on and enjoy fixing my own stuff. (I restore Triumph Spitfires, so I am fairly handy with a ratchet 8) ) I've decided to restore this Acura to be a "high performance" daily driver. The brakes have been entirely replaced (calipers, rotors, pads). Step 2 was to do the suspension. Components installed- Tokico Illumina 5 way adjustable shocks and struts. H&R sport springs with .75" drop. Energy suspension Poly Bushing master kit + trailing arm bushings. Blox camber adjust kit. Currently, i have replaced the entire rear and will do the front in the spring. Removing bolts that are 15 years old was quite the undertaking...soak, soak, soak in PB Blaster kids! I've learned this the hard way. Removing the suspension bushings was not so bad, just takes a blow torch and some patience. Anyways, it took a few days and lots of hard work. All bolts torqued to spec, wheel wells were coated in rubberized undercoat and painted, and all parts cleaned before reinstalled. A proper job, but seems I cannot post pics...because I am new to the forum?:???:

72Spitfire

I will do the front end in the spring. Still need to get some camber adjust for the front, thinking of the Skunk2 kit. I already have everything else I need bar the few nuts and bolts that will need replacing. Once that is finished, I am going to replace the Greddy exhaust with a brand new one as my current one has been repaired several times and now is missing the resonator and all the baffling in the muffler. Currently, it sounds like a fart box- awful. :( I love the way the Greddy Evo2 sounds....not ricer at all. Deep and throaty, worth every penny.

1stgsr

Grocery Getter
welcome!

as far as the "junkyard pen marks" it might not be junkyard bro.....ive see motors from places like tiger japanese, hmo motors, and jdmshit.com that have the markings....and if that is your case most of them ship with btwn 20-35xxx miles on them if it helps

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30014

http://www.tigerjapanese.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=105&category_id=6&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

72Spitfire

I realized that I have not taken a single picture of the car in all the years i've owned it. I DID find a pic of it that was taken when a hurricane rolled through Ohio in 08'....so here it is. Enjoy the devastation on my property too. 7 chainsaw blades and an entire year later all has been repaired. It's winter now, and the car has tons of road salt on it. I'll clean it up and post a proper pic in the spring.:)

72Spitfire

Oh, by the way, thank you 1stgsr for the info. That helps! I'm gonna get a compression checker soon too and see what state the motor is in. It was overheated VERY badly when I first got it and it lost some power after that poor episode. Amazing the head gasket did not blow.