95 Integra RS Cranks, No spark

Msix8

Car was running great. All I did was change the rotor and distributor cap. Removed stock air intake and related electrical connections to get at distributor. We had to use an easy out to get the phillips set screw off of the rotor. Now, car cranks but no spark at plug. Checked to make sure spark plug wires are connected correctly to distributor, all correct. Double checked electrical connections on air intake, all connected. Checked main relay and it seems to be clicking at all three positions. Any suggestions, thanks in advance.

Sengalang

go back and make sure you tightened everything properly. I had this problem once when i was replacing someones distributor rotor, turned out the screw was not tightened all the way.

justjdm

DB8 Whore
I bet ya it's your ignition coil. Any slight touch with a piece of metal or even hittin it a little bit will short it out. Try relacing that and see if it works after that. Happened to my GSR when I was messing with the distributor. I ended up using a used SOHC civic coil, both the same.

INTEGPNOY04

I had the same prob couple of weeks ago. I change my icm and coil. My car still wouldnt start. I took apart my distributor. The prob was the crank sensor in the distributor. U could check that. But i recommend get a new distributor. Also your pick up coil in the back of the distributor could be bad. If u can check for power going into the distributor and its not distributing to the wires. Chances are its your crank sensor.

Msix8

Primary coil resistance read 0.8, spec is 0.6-0.8. Secondary coil resistance read 7.8K, spec is 12.2K-19.8K.

Installed new ignition coil. Car started and ran for about 7 to 8 mins. Then it died. I re-started the car and it ran for about a minute and then it died again. Could not re-start after that. Did not have time to continue troubleshooting.

Any ideas?

Knice

Live & Die by Integras
Had similar issues back would crank but wont start and it would die on me from time to time while the car is in motion. No sparks. Changed out everything from tune up to cap and wires. Ended changing out both IC and ICM and no issues since changing out both. Once the IC goes bad the ICM seems to follow or vise versa. Good Luck.

mzionb

Change the Ignition control module please save yourself time only take a few mintutes

rudiris

Ignition control module just did the same thing happened to me first i was thinking my main relay but it was just that some how that a common problem on acuras and hondas

Msix8

I bought an ICM and began installation. I disconnected one of the battery terminals and took off the distributor cap. The rotor was not in the right position to access the set screw. Put the cap back on and re-connected battery. Tried to turn over the engine to turn rotor, and the car started up. Needless to say I did not install the ICM.

The car ran great yesterday, but it died on me today. I disconnected one of the battery terminals and took off the distributor cap. Put the cap back on and re-connected battery. The car started and I was able to get it back to my house.

Does this sound like an ICM problem?

justjdm

DB8 Whore
I bought an ICM and began installation. I disconnected one of the battery terminals and took off the distributor cap. The rotor was not in the right position to access the set screw. Put the cap back on and re-connected battery. Tried to turn over the engine to turn rotor, and the car started up. Needless to say I did not install the ICM.

The car ran great yesterday, but it died on me today. I disconnected one of the battery terminals and took off the distributor cap. Put the cap back on and re-connected battery. The car started and I was able to get it back to my house.

Does this sound like an ICM problem?
Kind of. Any time you open up the distributor, anything will cause the ICM to short out, so it's pretty sensitive. SInce you already have the ICM, might as well change it out. It's not that difficult, just make sure you disconnect the battery before installment!

Msix8

Replaced ICM. While doing this I noticed that I did not properly tighten one of the screws on terminals when I replaced the coil. I think this may have been the cause of the car dying after I replaced the coil. Anywho I did replace the ICM and the car has been running great for two days now.

Thanks to everyone for your comments and help!!! MSIX8

justjdm

DB8 Whore
Sweet man, glad to hear you got it running! It's always something small that creates a big problem! Haha!